Massive battery recall check - TPI 93Q2

All CUPRA Born related discussions
jerryhawkins

Post by jerryhawkins »

Heard from Cupra Customer Services again today. There is a 'chink of light' at the end of the tunnel. It seems that the 'parts' (sealant and bolts) are starting to move. Not sure how exactly (free from embargo now or alternative source of supply established), but he has been informed that they should be available to the BCCs in a few weeks. He said he could still arrange for my car to be sent back to me, but I said I'd wait and see of the parts do indeed start coming in. He has scheduled a call to me in three weeks for an update (or sooner if he hears anything new). Watch this space... again!
V2 58kwh AFV 230 Auto e-boost. Qasar grey. 19" Typhoon wheels, copper details. Heat Pump.

jerryhawkins

Post by jerryhawkins »

The January 10th edition of Autocar magazine has the article about our battery repair issue. See below:

Born-battery-issue.jpg

V2 58kwh AFV 230 Auto e-boost. Qasar grey. 19" Typhoon wheels, copper details. Heat Pump.
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

jerryhawkins wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:37 pm The January 10th edition of Autocar magazine has the article about our battery repair issue. See below:Born-battery-issue.jpg
Unless they can’t make new ones on the production line then they really don’t have an excuse.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

TheBornIDentity wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:25 pm
jerryhawkins wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:37 pm The January 10th edition of Autocar magazine has the article about our battery repair issue. See below:Born-battery-issue.jpg
Unless they can’t make new ones on the production line then they really don’t have an excuse.
They're taking the paste!

You would expect VAG to allow the use of equivalent alternatives that they have vetted and approve, and then uphold the warranty for any cars which used the alternative paste, it it turns out to not perform as well as the original. The risk of additional warranty claims if alternative pastes aren't quite up to scratch should be very low vs the certain costs of providing courtesy cars for months on end.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
MICKB

Post by MICKB »

Hi. Just been called by the Doncaster Bcc. After 3 months of no car the parts have now been released for delivery it seems Sealer and bolts etc. So it seems the concessions from December in the embargo to allow already manufactured before April items could move is having impact. Yay. Snag is the backup of vehicles. There are 6 at Doncaster waiting.... so it's going to be a few more weeks before I see it again.
Cuzzo 1982

Post by Cuzzo 1982 »

Hi, mine is in repair and has been for two months.

Was the definitely replace module a safety recall ?
jerryhawkins

Post by jerryhawkins »

@Cuzzo 1982 - No it's not a safety issue (allegedly), so not a 'recall', just a 'Service Campaign'
Cuzzo 1982

Post by Cuzzo 1982 »

Hi, surely if the car has a battery module cell fault which can discharge quickly especially at low voltage and range causing complete shut down poses a safety risk ? Especially if on a motorway
MICKB

Post by MICKB »

Cuzzo 1982 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:40 pm Hi, surely if the car has a battery module cell fault which can discharge quickly especially at low voltage and range causing complete shut down poses a safety risk ? Especially if on a motorway
Hi. The TPI has 2 parts as stated. The flash applied makes the faulty cells appear to the update software. In turn , when applird the updated software reports electric drive faults, only if there are faulty cells. Any such cells would be slowly self discharging in nature and fall to a recall process to correct them.. So its not really a safety issue on its own but the error reporting can trigger warnings which in turn can effect variables. Basically it's a warranty job. The car would have been manufactured with defective parts. Your warranty is clear the car and battery should be free from defective parts. If the recall part of this effected your vehicle it has to be sorted. Let's face it with warnings on ghe dash it wouldn't pass an mot let alone be resellable.
Cuzzo 1982

Post by Cuzzo 1982 »

Hi, so my car wasn't able to be fixed with a flash and had have parts replaced IE the battery module. Does that change the severity issue. It was sold as new demo with the active recall published on vin before sale and not checked or declared.