Charging issues

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

I have just bought a 2022 plate Cupra Born and I'm having the same problem. I have contacted UK Cupra support, if I get a reply I'll post it here.

Basically everything works fine for about 5 minutes after locking the car. After that on any attempt to charge the EVCS reports that the car is fully charged and does not start. Unlocking and relocking the car makes it work and you get another 5 mins.

I can schedule a charge by setting a 'Routine' at my home with the Preferred Charging Time set to my reduced tariff period, and then manually starting a charge before this period starts. The charger then sits there until the start time, and the charge starts. This works for the moment but is far from ideal.

Hardware H30
Software 0561
Display unit/control panel hardware H43
Display unit/control panel software 6085
Navigation database 21.7
Media codec 3.1.4

Victron EVCS charger.

alanjs

Post by alanjs »

Discussion about IO Go is ongoing here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=634&start=50
You may find some useful information here. I have an update that I will be posting later today.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

FIXED!

I had the same problem, it turns out that since its a computer the answer is to turn it off and turn it on again. See here for details

https://myenergi.info/wise-people-neede ... 5-s10.html

This worked for me, the scheduler in my charger is now charging at my cheap rate times as expected.

One thing not too clear in this post is that this is the fusebox under the bonnet, not the one in the glove compartment.

Kev.
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

KevinR wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:27 am FIXED!

I had the same problem, it turns out that since its a computer the answer is to turn it off and turn it on again. See here for details

https://myenergi.info/wise-people-neede ... 5-s10.html

This worked for me, the scheduler in my charger is now charging at my cheap rate times as expected.

One thing not too clear in this post is that this is the fusebox under the bonnet, not the one in the glove compartment.

Kev.
Is there anything special to do before pulling out that fuse and waiting a few minutes before putting it back in? I’ve not done this on my car before so any beginner steps would be appreciated to be safe.
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack
Scotty_Mac

Post by Scotty_Mac »

Just had mine in for the first service, was running 3.0 software. They told me it needed a software update and thought great! Will fix a bunch of the issues.
How wrong I was, now I have charging issues.
I plug into my project EV charger, it schedules the charge for 11:30pm. After 4 mins, error on my cupra app, timeout or something.
If I unlock the car it starts charging and will continue to charge as normal.

Can't believe its still happening and they know about it!!!

Will try the fuse thing and see what happens
deanmachine

Post by deanmachine »

Does anyone still have preferences available in their car after 3.1.4 update?
My car never seems to know it is at home even though the satnav says that I have reached my destination. Very frustrating. I have Octopus and the only way that I seem to be be able to charge reliably is to stop Octopus controlling it and just let let my Podpoint charger take care of it.