Wipers...

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
jimjamming

Post by jimjamming »

Got my Born two weeks ago, and I LOVE it. A really lovely drive, and I've not experienced any problems yet...

...apart from the wipers. Aside from them being for a left hand-drive car and leaving a line of water directly in my vision, the main issue is that the automatic rain sensor doesn't work. Doesn't sense rain at all. They work as intermittent wipers when I switch the automatic rain sensing off in the menu, but when you turn it on they wipe once and then they're ready to call it a day.

I've booked it in with my "local" dealership - a 45 minute drive - and they're going to look at it halfway through July, which was their next appointment date. A bit disappointing. Surely that should be something that's checked as part of the pre-delivery checks? "Does the rain sensor sense rain?"

Until then I will be manually wiping...

Born_in_MCR

Post by Born_in_MCR »

Hi, just got my V2 last week & also loving it!
I noticed the rain sensing wipers were not activating, I disabled this function in the settings & they started to work!! Not sure if it was a fluke or theres a bug?
Will re-test when I can to try yo confirm whats happening, try yours to see if you get same result?

/Nige
Cupra Born_V2 (58Kwh)_Geyser Silver_IO-GO...
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

I had a problem with my wipers either wiping too much, or not at all.

It turned out to be the sensor wasn't seated properly with the gel pad to the windscreen and had to be remounted.

Check the round sensor from the outside that sits behind the rear view mirror, if there looks like there are air bubbles it could be that.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
powerisevil

Post by powerisevil »

I have a question, maybe its just me but maybe It also happens with you guys, I dont know if its something with the nozzles or what it is, but when i want to clean the windshield, the water (or the fluid) only wets a small area, right next to the wipers, so when the wipers deploy the windshield is dry as bone. Something i can do about this?
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

If you look at the washer nozzle, there's a slot where the actual nozzle is. Right next to the spray fan there is a torx screw hole. I think it's a torx 10 size. You can turn this screw to adjust the height of the spray fan
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
WelshCupraB

Post by WelshCupraB »

Decent fluid for winscreen and wiping the blade of the wiper carefully with a cloth should fix it.
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

WelshCupraB wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:29 pm Decent fluid for winscreen and wiping the blade of the wiper carefully with a cloth should fix it.
Can you explain why the type of washer fluid or wiping the blades changes the height that the washer spray reaches on the windscreen?
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
Born_in_MCR

Post by Born_in_MCR »

jimjamming wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:49 am Got my Born two weeks ago, and I LOVE it. A really lovely drive, and I've not experienced any problems yet...

...apart from the wipers. Aside from them being for a left hand-drive car and leaving a line of water directly in my vision, the main issue is that the automatic rain sensor doesn't work. Doesn't sense rain at all. They work as intermittent wipers when I switch the automatic rain sensing off in the menu, but when you turn it on they wipe once and then they're ready to call it a day.

I've booked it in with my "local" dealership - a 45 minute drive - and they're going to look at it halfway through July, which was their next appointment date. A bit disappointing. Surely that should be something that's checked as part of the pre-delivery checks? "Does the rain sensor sense rain?"

Until then I will be manually wiping...
I've double-check the rain detection on my 2 week old V2 Born & I have to "Disable" (indicator goes from Orange to grey) for the wipes to work when raining, if I re-enable they stop reacting to the sensor - Strange...
Has anyone else noticed/tested this? What's the best support email address to report this issue?
Thanks in advance...
WelshCupraB

Post by WelshCupraB »

Have you tried cleaning the windscreen glass where the camera and sensor are. Mine did similar thing with various symbols on display. Clean the glass with some glass cleaner and see if it fixes it.
Born_in_MCR

Post by Born_in_MCR »

Hi, good idea will take a look at that.
When rain sensor active from the settings it never responds to rain, of course when its disabled the standard intermittent wiping takes over…

Cheers👍