Puddle / mirror down lights extra marks in Cupra logo

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

I suspected washing the car with one of those jet washes, which is what I usually use, but I doubt that, as it didn't seem to coincide with a recent wash. Mine also has the driver's side worse than the passenger side, although mine being in Portugal the driver's side is the left not the right 😀
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

mluisbrown wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:24 pm I suspected washing the car with one of those jet washes, which is what I usually use, but I doubt that, as it didn't seem to coincide with a recent wash. Mine also has the driver's side worse than the passenger side, although mine being in Portugal the driver's side is the left not the right 😀
My car has never seen a jet wash or pressure washer - 2 bucket washing and rinse with a hose a domestic supply pressure (about 3 bar). The blobs in the passenger door's puddle light have moved, so there's something loose in there distorting the projection lens. On my Audi S3, the puddle light projectors are in the base of the door card, protected from the elements when driving, seems a much more sensible design.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
PurpleFox

Post by PurpleFox »

Hi, This was/is a problem on the iD3 too, I had up until recently an iD3 and I went into the supermarket one evening and when I came out the down lights had gone all weird. I wondered if it was something to do with ice getting in?
JBorn

Post by JBorn »

mluisbrown wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:24 pm I suspected washing the car with one of those jet washes, which is what I usually use, but I doubt that, as it didn't seem to coincide with a recent wash. Mine also has the driver's side worse than the passenger side, although mine being in Portugal the driver's side is the left not the right 😀
My drivers side was much worse too, just a round blob, I wonder if it has to do with the amount of times the doors have been shut?

Still can't get my head around why it would happen to both sides at once for everyone though...
Dalgal

Post by Dalgal »

same issue here, both gone at the same time but the drivers side worse. I did use a hand car wash for the first time recently, normally I do it at home with a bucket and pathetic water pressure but still, a car £40K should be able to be washed thoroughly without disintegrating.
Im booked in in March at a JCT600 Cupra, they've been vague about whether it'll be under warranty so fingers crossed.
JBorn

Post by JBorn »

Dalgal wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:58 pm same issue here, both gone at the same time but the drivers side worse. I did use a hand car wash for the first time recently, normally I do it at home with a bucket and pathetic water pressure but still, a car £40K should be able to be washed thoroughly without disintegrating.
Im booked in in March at a JCT600 Cupra, they've been vague about whether it'll be under warranty so fingers crossed.
The first garage i booked it into tried to charge me £99 to fix it along with fobbing off a host of other issues, so I rebooked it in at a different Cupra franchise and they did it for free under warranty
OThompson

Post by OThompson »

Just booked mine in at Heritage Automotive Cupra Bristol. Absolutely no issues with them whatsoever so if youre in the Bristol area this is a great company to go with (They've dealt with a fair few of my issues in the past on warranty).

Guess i'll be hand washing my car in the future in hope that this problem doesn't reoccur.
jrhartley

Post by jrhartley »

Same issue on our 18 month old Cupra.

Lost track of the number of times it's been back to the dealer for warranty issue relating to the infotainment system, DC charging, etc etc. Nightmare for dealers and customers alike to have to beta test VWG's product range.

PXL_20240317_191757366.jpg

PXL_20240317_191749690.jpg

Roborn

Post by Roborn »

If this happens to my car I think I’ll just stick some tape or similar over the hole/lens on the mirror they’re emitted from. My kids like them but I think the projected logo is a bit pointless and even a bit childish in all honestly. I know the car is a Cupra I don’t need reminding of the logo every time I unlock the car in the dark! Like I say they perform no function, I’m not wasting hours of my life getting them fixed if they fail!
milkyway55

Post by milkyway55 »

Roborn wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm If this happens to my car I think I’ll just stick some tape or similar over the hole/lens on the mirror they’re emitted from. My kids like them but I think the projected logo is a bit pointless and even a bit childish in all honestly. I know the car is a Cupra I don’t need reminding of the logo every time I unlock the car in the dark! Like I say they perform no function, I’m not wasting hours of my life getting them fixed if they fail!
Would you not get them fixed if the car is under warranty whilst it'd cost you nothing?
2023 Cupra Born, 77kWh eBoost, 5 seats, Aurora Blue, 19" Copper Typhoon, Pilot L + TPA, Tech L w/SAFE, AR-HUD.