Winter wheels..?

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Ghiribizzo

Post by Ghiribizzo »

Who knows? - Can the Born/ID3 system cope with 2 sets of wheels with TPMS units?
Some cars need one set deleted, the other set paired up and so on every time wheels are changed.
Also - can different wheel/tyre combinations be used?
For example - maybe car comes with 19” wheels with summer tyres but a set of 18” steels for winter tyres?
Is that a dealer only option to do or can a decent obd2 program set that?

Does asking for a recommendation on obd2 programs turn it into like a ‘which oil’ thread? 🤪

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

You can fit winter wheels if you want, at least 18" 112mm PCD and you need enough offset to get over the front calipers (probably somewhere around 52mm. \you'll just need to reset the TPMS after fitment, through the "Car" menus.

Depends where you are as to whether you'd even bother. Yes, the Born is RWD, but the weight distribution is so good, it drives like a 4WD Golf R rather than some tail happy 10 year old BMW that needs a load of paving slabs in the boot to put a bit of weight over the rear wheels. For most parts of the UK (mine included), I wouldn't even consider winter wheels - I must've defrosted my car 3 times last Winter.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Ghiribizzo

Post by Ghiribizzo »

Thanks. I’ll bear that in mind if I get to pull the trigger on a Born. I’ve had Toyo snow tyres on the last 2 Zoes. Definitely needed. I have to be out at odd times in the dark and got -13.2° last winter and plenty Snow. 🥶
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

Got myself some Nokian Hakkapeliitta R5’s for this winter. Will be interesting to see the difference in consumption, the noise and durability.
Have always gone for studded tires before, but when driving and EV, it feels like the right choice will be to go for studless.

FC40C8B1-8FAF-4B52-B2C8-2E07F6E8FDBA.jpeg

Cupra Born since ‘22
MarcozBorn

Post by MarcozBorn »

I've bought a set of Goodyear vector 4 season gen 3 215/50 19 for this winter, I prefer to take a 4 season than a Winter tyre for my use: a lot of motorway during the week, same week-end in Mountain (but here in North Italy street are always clean).
From April to november I'll fit again the original conti eco contact6.
What do you think about this choice?

IMG_20220927_142305.jpg