Awaiting delivery due to fault

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
BornOwner123

Post by BornOwner123 »

Hello,

I don't know if anybody has had the same issue or can offer advice, but we were due to pick-up out Born last week, but the day before we were told it has failed it's inspection as it requires a software update.

We were then told that CUPRA hadn't made the software update available yet so we would need to wait until they had done that, we were told that without the update the car was "dangerous."

We have now been told that in order to do the update, they need to order in parts, these parts are not immediately available and are therefore on back order and they can't give any indication of timeframes.

Any thoughts or advice that anybody has would be appreciated as we're left feeling extremely confused at the moment!

Thank you.

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

If that’s the case, we are all driving around in dangerous cars !
Hope you can get it sorted soon 🤞
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
Kernowboy

Post by Kernowboy »

Sorry, but that sounds like dealer speak for ‘it got damaged in transit and is in the body shop getting resprayed, but we don’t want to tell you that’. Wouldn't be the first. I would get over there and get eyes on if the dealer is local.
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

Agree 100% with Kernowbiy, sounds like a load of twaddle to me. I'd be on to Cupra themselves.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

It's possible your car didn't get built with 3.0 software, and instead, it's stuck on 2.3, requiring a new 12v battery - like most current ID3 owners. Perhaps tge new battery isn't in stock.

However, I got a new Born 7 weeks ago and that came with software version 3.0 from the doctors, so I suspect they're trying to pull the wool over your eyes for something completely different.

As someone just said, cars do get damaged and repaired before the customer ever gets their "new" car. My wife managed to kerb one of the Pretoria wheels on my 2015 Golf R bought new and the wheel repairer pointed out the 3 extra layers of paint in the cross section of the paint scrape - it had been repaired without my knowledge, before I even set eyes on the car.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565