UK EV Electric Tariffs

All CUPRA Born related discussions
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

For those based in the UK, have you switched to a EV tariff? I was thinking about Octopus Go but keen to hear any thoughts & feedback before going ahead with the switch.
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I have been on Octopus Go for a year now. My tariff is about to change from 4.76p/kW to 7.5p/kW.
I have looked at other tariffs like Octopus Intelligent but Go still seems like the best for my needs. I'm a low miler and on paper there isn't a lot to choose between a normal tariff and Go in my usage profile but I can moderate the other electricity usage in the house whereas would find it difficult to use the car less. My monthly car fuel cost is around £5-£6/month now rising to about £8.40. Important to keep looking for the best options.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

Daveion wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:04 am I have been on Octopus Go for a year now. My tariff is about to change from 4.76p/kW to 7.5p/kW.
I have looked at other tariffs like Octopus Intelligent but Go still seems like the best for my needs. I'm a low miler and on paper there isn't a lot to choose between a normal tariff and Go in my usage profile but I can moderate the other electricity usage in the house whereas would find it difficult to use the car less. My monthly car fuel cost is around £5-£6/month now rising to about £8.40. Important to keep looking for the best options.
Thanks for the comment. Have Octopus been ok from a customer experience perspective? I’m with British Gas at the moment so admittedly the bar is rather low!
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

UniqueUser1 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:59 am
Daveion wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:04 am I have been on Octopus Go for a year now. My tariff is about to change from 4.76p/kW to 7.5p/kW.
Thanks for the comment. Have Octopus been ok from a customer experience perspective? I’m with British Gas at the moment so admittedly the bar is rather low!
Yes. I cant fault them. The email communication with them is quick if you have a question and I get on fine with the app and the way they present a monthly dashboard of your usage. I was previously with Bulb.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

+1.For Octopus. Unlike most organisations these days, when you call, they answer.their phones and actually address your query, with people in the UK, whose first language is English. They're not confused when you ask something off script, because there is no script!

I have had to call them a few times about things outside their control. (Confused contracted meter readers giving implausible readings mainly) and they've been great.

Try and find a friend or family member to refer you and you will both get £50.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Another +1 for Octopus GO.

I used to regularly switch to the cheapest supplier and got moved to Octopus before I had and EV when Avro collapsed. Since the house was built 6 years ago it had the wrong serial number for the gas meter and every supplier I switch to was told and nothing happened. I told Octopus and they managed to do the seemingly impossible and got it switched out! As you can imagine I highly rate their customer service!