please suggest phone holder.

All CUPRA Born related discussions
lordon

Post by lordon »

The Main screen is in middle takes so much space and the mid vents are so low, I tried to put there but I can't see the phone, its too far away. The right side of the vent has bump over the console and can't place there too. Any suggestions?

lordon

Post by lordon »

i have exact same one. Although the picture looks normal, when you zoom out and sit drivers seat, you realize how low positioned it is. Also the weight of the phone brings the vents down which makes it harder to see.
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

lordon wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:25 pm i have exact same one. Although the picture looks normal, when you zoom out and sit drivers seat, you realize how low positioned it is. Also the weight of the phone brings the vents down which makes it harder to see.
Oh well - it's the only example I've seen so far.
RHDTLEB

Post by RHDTLEB »

I've just ordered https://www.broditcenter.nl/brodit-proc ... sole-mount

I've got a SP connect case on my iPhone 12 which offers me a simple mount by sticking a plastic quick release on the Brodit mount:

Or, I can mount the wireless charging module on the brodit mount and charge the phone.

https://sp-connect.eu/nl/collections/el ... ing-module
RHDTLEB

Post by RHDTLEB »

Got the Broit Proclip delivered and installed. It clamps itself around the shoulder of the center console. It's not possible to slide it more towards the back of the car because the shoulder then narrows and the clip doesn't have enough tension to stay put. Still, feels like a proper mounting for additional phone holder.

I've tried the SP connect quick release but the height of the mounting plate is too low for the phone to rotate and attach itself. So, I've used my previous adjustable phone holder from Brotit

IMG_7284.jpeg

Next step is to find a nice way to route a cable without it showing too much

BTW: there's also a RHD version available: https://www.brodit.com/en/product/635734

IMG_7289.jpeg

IMG_7285.jpeg

Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

What do you need to have the phone visible for?

Calls can be done through the car, so can messages.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
lordon

Post by lordon »

Blackeunos wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:16 am What do you need to have the phone visible for?

Calls can be done through the car, so can messages.
to watch youtube videos when i am charging.
Benjo88

Post by Benjo88 »

Anyone got any updates or reviews about the purchase phone holders above? Be good to know if it is worth the purchase
Cupra Born | V1 | Tech L Pack | Greyser Silver | Newcastle (North East|