My new Born

Post pictures of your CUPRA Born here
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Blackeunos wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:08 pm Just been playing with the sat nav and it's so much better than the iD.3! Now this could be because it's on 3.0, rather than 2.3, but I don't know.

In the iD.3 it would rarely find places searched by name, for example a specific shop, or restaurant, but the Born doesn't seem to have a problem. For example we're staying at a Premier Inn soon, so I searched for it and it came up first time, the iD.3 always seemed to find somewhere in Europe in the search responses.
I find the whole infotainment system to be much easier to use too. I struggled a bit at first because it’s quite different to the ID3 but definitely for the better. Bigger buttons and far more intuitive.

I find it rather baffling that something so similar underneath can be so different.

Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Had a decent run today, first leg from just outside Newcastle, to the designer outlet at York (99 miles), managed 4.6 m/kWh, keeping up with the general flow of traffic, 60-70mph. A few stretches with heavier traffic that slowed to 55-60 probably helped, but aircon on all the way, 2 adults, 2 kids and a boot full of stuff for a weekend away. Surprised and pleased.

A bit of a top up on the chargepoint posts at the outlet, then onto wards from York, to Burton-upon-Trent (106 miles), same kind of driving, managed 4.1 m/kWh, a bit quicker in places. Reduced range could have been down to the extra weight of the shopping bags my other half collected at the outlet 😁!

Spotted a Geyser silver V2/3 on the A64 just before the junction with the A1M, not a fan of silver cars, but the Born looks good in it with the darker grey and copper details.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Blackeunos wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:19 pm Had a decent run today, first leg from just outside Newcastle, to the designer outlet at York (99 miles), managed 4.6 m/kWh, keeping up with the general flow of traffic, 60-70mph. A few stretches with heavier traffic that slowed to 55-60 probably helped, but aircon on all the way, 2 adults, 2 kids and a boot full of stuff for a weekend away. Surprised and pleased.

A bit of a top up on the chargepoint posts at the outlet, then onto wards from York, to Burton-upon-Trent (106 miles), same kind of driving, managed 4.1 m/kWh, a bit quicker in places. Reduced range could have been down to the extra weight of the shopping bags my other half collected at the outlet 😁!

Spotted a Geyser silver V2/3 on the A64 just before the junction with the A1M, not a fan of silver cars, but the Born looks good in it with the darker grey and copper details.
Sounds like my Saturday last week Newcastle to York, also parked up at the designer outlets, but got the bus into York, and back to Newcastle, on a single charge (Just!) Let me know if you need any OBD11 tweakery as you're pretty close to me (North Shields).
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:40 am Let me know if you need any OBD11 tweakery as you're pretty close to me (North Shields).
Cheers, not sure what I'd want changing to be honest, apart from travel assist, but there's not much chance of having a capacitive wheel, so probably no point.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Blackeunos wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:44 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:40 am Let me know if you need any OBD11 tweakery as you're pretty close to me (North Shields).
Cheers, not sure what I'd want changing to be honest, apart from travel assist, but there's not much chance of having a capacitive wheel, so probably no point.
Would you not want Lane assist to remember you switched it off between ignition cycles, so it stays off unless you switch it on again? That was the best thing I changed.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:24 am Would you not want Lane assist to remember you switched it off between ignition cycles, so it stays off unless you switch it on again? That was the best thing I changed.
To be fair I don't find it too bad, the advantages of not living in a built up area I suppose, with streets lined with parked cars.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Had a few minutes to spare, so swapped the wing mirror repeaters over for the animated set I had on the iD.3. The joys of manufacturer parts sharing!

Old...

20220812_124730.jpg

New...

20220812_124722.jpg

Look darker when off and much brighter when on (although not so much in the pictures above!).
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Dropped the Born off at the garage to get the rain sensor sorted, hopefully it's a quick turn around, as I think I've turned in to a car snob! Got a 21 plate Ibiza FR loaner.... what a POS! It drives like a bag of spanners!
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Had the rain sensor re-seated and now seems to be working as ot should!
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

New to the forum.

Due for delivery tomorrow is my V2 E-boost in Vapor Grey haven’t even seen it yet! Had a 2 week trial direct from Cupra and ordered one within a few days. Managed to find a stock car, happy to take what was available rather than wait for a spec’d model.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings!