Hello All from Steve

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
steve green

Post by steve green »

Hi all, just picked up my V1 yesterday, very impressive but the My Cupra app wont connect to the car as others have found, Dealer tried twice.
Am still working out where everything is on the menus and the mysteries of getting the sat nav to save and execute new destination on the map but I guess I'm missing a trick.
Presumably there are you tubes and links around to explain all I've not yet found, early days.
Wondering how I'm going to play my old CDs, maybe I could rip them to MP3 and onto a USB stick.
My V1 will hopefully be getting lots of its juice from PV and a Zappi being installed at the moment and our old slow diesel gets moved on..
New V1 Owner from July 2022

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Welcome to the Forum, there's lots of good info here for answering your queries.

The Born will play FLACs as well as MP3s, so you.can ho with very high bitrate files to play. The app is a PITA and pretty much useless in its current form - I wouldn't be in a rush to install.

There's a few useful settings mods that can be done with OBD11 if there's someone local who has it - getting the car to remember I turned off Lane assist so I don't have to turn it off every time I get into the car is very useful.

The Satnav has its foibles - on occasion it'll advise verbally to slow for a roundabout that isn't there,but graphical route presentation at tge same place is correct.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Welcome to the forum Steve.
With the app make sure you have 4g and allowed connection in the privacy setting in the car. If you connect but the app says you dont have a licence go to the in-car shop and see if its there waiting. Zero cost.

Screenshot_20220715-193746_YouTube.jpg

Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE