Rescue Service provider and other unanswered questions

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Andy52

Post by Andy52 »

I'm feeling a dis-connect after a great sales experience at my chosen dealership. Questions about the App, Cupra Connect Plus and what to do about the "missing" 2 years of the licence have all gone unanswered (Phone messages and emails).

With help from this forum and various FB groups I've solved most of these problems but I will have to escalate the licence question as a complaint to Cupra.
I will also ask them why they don't supply a warning triangle but have a specific requirement in their "In case of emergency" instructions, item 5. The use of a warning triangle is not a legal requirement in the UK. However, all motor cars first registered from the 1st of July 2006 must carry at least one emergency reflective warning triangle and a First Aid Kit by law.

20220707_110723.jpg

I asked the Salesman which company provides the Rescue Service but he didn't know. Perhaps someone could tell me please.

I must tell you that this is a bit like "Ground Hog Day" because I had the same "disconnect" with my first EV and the dealership (different times because of Covid handover), a Peugeot e208 GT (which wifey loved but eventually just felt too cramped for me after 18 months). Stellantis Customer Service was hopeless with the App with a "it'll get better one day" attitude and no doubt a Galic shrug. The screen functionality, accessibility and touch/piano key ergonomics were also very poor. I'd hope VAG had moved on since my 2017 Q3 BE, Audi Connect experiences. The jury's out!
Cupra Born V1 + L, Aurora Blue, supplied with 19" Typhoon Wheels (V2).
Audi TT Mk1 2002 Quattro Roadster 180PS Light Silver, 64K miles.

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Hi Andy52
I share some of those issues.
The app was a bugger to get up and running but there are 3 separate licence issues for me.
1) I had to obtain a 1 year licence for Connect Plus from the in car shop. Although zero cost it should be 3 years free.
2) Emergency Contact Is deactivated as there is no active licence for that facility.
3) Breakdown Assistance is deactivated as there is no active licence for that facility.
I was told by the dealer there is something that can do at their end with the missing licences but without any progress on that I will have to escalate it to digital support within Cupra next week.
Question
Do any other Born owners here have the licences for 2) and 3)? Trying to find out if its a universal Born problem or just a few here and there.
You can check in the app by going onto Service Management and run down the list to see what is activated.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

Daveion wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:08 pm Hi Andy52
I share some of those issues.
The app was a bugger to get up and running but there are 3 separate licence issues for me.
1) I had to obtain a 1 year licence for Connect Plus from the in car shop. Although zero cost it should be 3 years free.
2) Emergency Contact Is deactivated as there is no active licence for that facility.
3) Breakdown Assistance is deactivated as there is no active licence for that facility.
I was told by the dealer there is something that can do at their end with the missing licences but without any progress on that I will have to escalate it to digital support within Cupra next week.
Question
Do any other Born owners here have the licences for 2) and 3)? Trying to find out if its a universal Born problem or just a few here and there.
You can check in the app by going onto Service Management and run down the list to see what is activated.
I believe it’s a universal problem at the moment unfortunately. I tried the cupra digital support with no luck, but did hear something interesting from the dealer. When registering the car they need to link your driving licence to the account for verification reasons. Last week the dealer was unable to access the online system to complete the registrations; it definitely feels like something they can help us with once their system is back up and running.
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack
Kernowboy

Post by Kernowboy »

@Daveion. Picked my V2 up a week ago and my experience with the app is exactly the same as yours wrt points 1-3. Everything seems to be working ok but Emerg Contact and Breakdown both show deactivated due to licence. Dealer took a copy of my driving licence number on handover which he said was to verify identity and activate something on their system but not clear specifically what that was or if they actually did it. They have been away this last week, back in Monday so I’ll give them a shout to see if connected.

Also seems to be a bit pot luck whether the mileage shown on the app matches the car, several times it has shown a significantly lower mileage than the dash although the battery percentage has been accurate; not sure if that is common or not.
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

I have the same license error, with nothing the dealer suggests makes any difference… but I pushed the button the other day and it took me through to the AA, so isn’t know if there’s really a problem or not.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Kernowboy wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:00 am
Also seems to be a bit pot luck whether the mileage shown on the app matches the car, several times it has shown a significantly lower mileage than the dash although the battery percentage has been accurate; not sure if that is common or not.
Yep. Have added in threads here a few times.
% always right but range always around 2/3rds of what the car shows?????
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Andy52

Post by Andy52 »

Daveion wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:38 am
When I read the 2/3 factor factor I had another "Groundhog day" moment. The My Peugeot App, I've happily just left behind, kept getting gremlins introduced into it, usually after updates, whereby kilometres were read as miles and vice versa. The conversion factor for kilometres to miles is 0.621371 which is too close to 2/3 (0.666 recurring) to be a coincidence. (The conversion factor from miles to kilometres is 1.60934.

Using the well trusted maxim "if it looks like it and smells like it, it probably is", I think that's what is occurring here!

In the case of the Service reminder in the car and App the Stellantis programmers had inadvertently created a double conversion by mixing up their factors and units and effectively using the 0.621371 factor twice! This caused huge confusion for every new e208 and e2008 owner when the first "Inspection check" came up at 4970 miles instead of 8000 miles?

They can't be using the same platform......can they? :o
Andy52

Post by Andy52 »

KEV1L wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:13 am I have the same license error, with nothing the dealer suggests makes any difference… but I pushed the button the other day and it took me through to the AA, so isn’t know if there’s really a problem or not.
Whilst having a finger jabbing session trying to find my way around the screen functions I discovered that the Car2X system was "Deactivated" so I activated it. I wondered if the "Deactivated" SOS message was connected to that in some way so I pressed the spanner button to see what would happen and it immediately established a phone connection. I can't think of any reason those 2 things would interact but I did wonder.
Andy52

Post by Andy52 »

KEV1L wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:13 am I have the same license error, with nothing the dealer suggests makes any difference… but I pushed the button the other day and it took me through to the AA, so isn’t know if there’s really a problem or not.
Thank you KEV1L, you've answered my question about which organisation provides the cover. I bottled it and disconnected before they answered :roll: :lol:
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Andy52 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:59 pm
Daveion wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:38 am
When I read the 2/3 factor factor I had another "Groundhog day" moment. The My Peugeot App, I've happily just left behind, kept getting gremlins introduced into it, usually after updates, whereby kilometres were read as miles and vice versa. The conversion factor for kilometres to miles is 0.621371 which is too close to 2/3 (0.666 recurring) to be a coincidence. (The conversion factor from miles to kilometres is 1.60934.

Using the well trusted maxim "if it looks like it and smells like it, it probably is", I think that's what is occurring here!

In the case of the Service reminder in the car and App the Stellantis programmers had inadvertently created a double conversion by mixing up their factors and units and effectively using the 0.621371 factor twice! This caused huge confusion for every new e208 and e2008 owner when the first "Inspection check" came up at 4970 miles instead of 8000 miles?

They can't be using the same platform......can they? :o
😂. Good explanation. Next one though is a corker.
I use Tronity as well which also shows individual trips. Last week a journey of 2 miles or so was reported as 347 miles duration 2 minutes.
I can drive fast but I don't think the Born can travel at 9, 948 miles an hour.
I have to keep checking my total mileage to make sure there is not an error.
Maybe it was reporting feet or centimetres 😂

Screenshot_20220710-172317_TRONITY.jpg

BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE