Rear camera error

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Alanwmcc

Post by Alanwmcc »

Anyone else having problems with the reverse camera ? Screen goes black on putting into reverse and rear camera error shows on the steering wheel display. Back to the dealer next week I guess.

pws7482

Post by pws7482 »

Does it happen every time? It does it on my golf sporadically but clears itself if I switch the engine off and on again.
Cupra Born Geyser Silver
V2 58kw Tech Pack L
Collection date 18/07/22
Alanwmcc

Post by Alanwmcc »

Continuous since day 2 of car ownership.
OThompson

Post by OThompson »

I’m having the same issue after just under 2 weeks.

I’ve called my local dealership so hopefully I can get a solution soon.
Alanwmcc

Post by Alanwmcc »

Back from dealers. Needs new camera. Nil available until 12th October and they will need the car for 4 days for calibration. Reversed into drive and the camera activated for the first time in weeks !?
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

Camera stopped working one time for me. I restarted the infotainment, an has not happened since.

Bummer on the long wait time, and what’s up with 4 days for calibration??!! The must be running a number on you? No way it takes that long time.
Cupra Born since ‘22
lordon

Post by lordon »

Is the rear camera 30 fps? Its a lot worse then my hyundai ioniq, hard to tell if i am too close or not, you get this fisheyed view with weird FOV also...
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

lordon wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:25 pm Is the rear camera 30 fps? Its a lot worse then my hyundai ioniq, hard to tell if i am too close or not, you get this fisheyed view with weird FOV also...
I don't know if it's 30fps or not but you must pay attention on cleaning it because it's in a very low position and gets dirty all the time.
I my other car the camera is in a higher position and it's so much better than this one...

I'm wondering if this would help... so that the camera wouldn't get so dirty

https://www.seatmotorparts.co.uk/seat-s ... 1-onwards/
CUPRA Born Aurora Blue 58kWh
OThompson

Post by OThompson »

Alanwmcc wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:53 am Back from dealers. Needs new camera. Nil available until 12th October and they will need the car for 4 days for calibration. Reversed into drive and the camera activated for the first time in weeks !?
I had a similar experience when i brought my car in. Was told that the camera had to be replaced but the part had to be ordered. Mine, however, has not randomly started working again, sadly :|
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

Born_in_PT wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:54 pm I don't know if it's 30fps or not but you must pay attention on cleaning it because it's in a very low position and gets dirty all the time.
I my other car the camera is in a higher position and it's so much better than this one...
There is a little nozzle next to the camera that sprays it clean with washer fluid when you are in R and spray the rear window. Works quite well…💁‍♂️
Cupra Born since ‘22