Silver Born

All CUPRA Born related discussions
LouisH

Post by LouisH »

Been looking at EVs since early pre-production reviews of the ID3. Almost made my mind up on a Born V3, but can't decide on the colour - originally thought red but now sort of switched to silver.

Any views on the red vs silver would be welcomed to help me decide.

alanjs

Post by alanjs »

I've seen the red and didn't like it. It's a brownish red rather than a postbox red so I went with the blue, but the silver looks OK.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

I'd def go with silver over red... but I don't like red cars.
I'm not a big fan of the copper with either red or silver, but personally I think it looks better with the silver of the two.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
SilverCupra

Post by SilverCupra »

Hi Louish,

as you can probably tell from my signature, I have a Geysor Silver V2 Cupra Born..

I have to say, it has admired everywhere I go, the silver looks really good with the black windows and trim..

I have seen the red at my local dealer, but thought it didn't 'Pop' enough, like others have said, more a Burgundy kind of color..

I know I am biased, but go for the Silver ;-)
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Geysor Silver
LouisH

Post by LouisH »

Think you are right about the red, it's a shame they don't do Skoda's velvet red (seen a couple of Enyaq reviews, they looks stunning in that colour, but too big a car for me). Given Cupra is Spanish, perhaps velvet red and chrome yellow should have been an option (their national colours) ๐Ÿ˜‚. Probably not chosen yellow though ๐Ÿ˜‚.
So it looks like silver it is ๐Ÿ˜.
Been quoted 12 month lead time for an order now - expect they don't have a clue for real delivery dates.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I do like the Silver, but the thing that puts me off is tgat Silver is/was a very hard colour to match if you need a respray. Seeing as the wife's Aurora Blue Born got a 5 hit clutter of stone chips in an area of the bonnet the size of a 50p piece on the drive home from the dealers (245 miles) a smart repair respray on a small area of the front end isn't entirely unlikely (sorted by my local chips away).

Maybe colour matching tech is better than it was and Silver is no longer a headache, but for me, Glacial White and Aurora Blue are the best colours - I'm as biased as anyone touting their own colour choices!
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
pws7482

Post by pws7482 »

I went for the silver due to that model being available straight away. I originally went for the quaser grey but having seen both colours side by side in the dealer, the silver looks amazing as the all the dark grey highlights really stand out. Never in a million years would I normally chose silver but so happy with the choice.

Another bonus of silver is it doesnโ€™t show dirty like other colours do.
Cupra Born Geyser Silver
V2 58kw Tech Pack L
Collection date 18/07/22
SilverCupra

Post by SilverCupra »

Great, another Geysor out and about..

You know in makes sense ;-)

#teamgeysor
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Geysor Silver
LouisH

Post by LouisH »

After all this time (nearly 5 months) collected my Born on Monday - originally ordered silver but changed to red, not regretting it ๐Ÿ˜.
First impressions after a 275 mile drive home is, I really like the car, but the infotainment and touch buttons are pants (particularly when driving in the dark) - this is coming from a mk7 GTI where the controls were absolutely fine so why change them ? I hope Cupra can do something about it, now they have a new CEO.
Bought from Seat Crawley - the dealership was excellent.
daern

Post by daern »

Glad you like the car! :-)
LouisH wrote: โ†‘Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:53 pm I hope Cupra can do something about it, now they have a new CEO.
Looks like it'll be their friendly overlords making the call here, but I would heartily endorse the decision!
https://uk.motor1.com/news/618273/volks ... h-buttons/