Dash cam install in minutes

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Colin1517 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:23 pm Thanks for the reply. My camera only needs one switched live feed, the onboard camera battery keeps it running for 30 minutes after park. 👍
In that case, go with the photos above to get your switched live from the 12v socket fuse that's in its original ignition switched position.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

WelshCupraB

Post by WelshCupraB »

Switched live
JurassicBorn

Post by JurassicBorn »

Hi just to resurrect this thread.
I went into my local Halfrauds to see if they could hardwire my dashcam. I have always just run the cable down the A pillar and plugged into either a 12v socket or a USB socket, but as the Cupra has neither it's the hardwire option only.

Can you confirm the yellow 20 amp rear 12v socket fuse is not active once the ignition is switched off, please.
Halfrauds said they could not find a single fuse in the fuse box that turned off when the ignition is off🤔
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh
2023 Porsche Boxster GTS 4.0
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

JurassicBorn wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:25 pm Hi just to resurrect this thread.
I went into my local Halfrauds to see if they could hardwire my dashcam. I have always just run the cable down the A pillar and plugged into either a 12v socket or a USB socket, but as the Cupra has neither it's the hardwire option only.

Can you confirm the yellow 20 amp rear 12v socket fuse is not active once the ignition is switched off, please.
Halfrauds said they could not find a single fuse in the fuse box that turned off when the ignition is off🤔
Even the switched fuses stay on for a few minutes after the ignition is switched off and the car locked.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565