Hi from South Wales New Cupra Born Owner

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
WelshCupraB

Post by WelshCupraB »

Hi from Wales. Just collected my Born today from Cardiff Cupra. I have fitted dash cam if anyone needs info. DO NOT disconnect passenger airbag On Off switch or you will throw an airbag warning light as I did but luckily I have VCDS and could reset it.

Bodj

Post by Bodj »

Only one question! How long were you waiting for delivery! I’ve hit on order and I’m getting impatient
Alanwmcc

Post by Alanwmcc »

Hi Bodj You are not going to like this :oops: To be precise the car took 7 days and 2 hrs to be delivered :shock: I managed to snag a cancellation I suspect in the exact spec and colour I had ordered. I do realise how lucky I have been. How long ago did you order?
WelshCupraB

Post by WelshCupraB »

Hi
I test drove one last Tuesday and managed to get one in the colour I wanted but had £790 Tech Pack I wasn't really after. If you order one today expect earliest delivery October to December. Cupra is built in VW factory along with ID3 ID4 Audi Etron but they are pushing Cupra Born at moment as they want Cupra to be a brand by itself. I would doubt you will see a car ordered now before the end of the year. If you know the spec I would ring around. Southampton Cupra were really helpful. I collected mine yesterday Sat 2nd so waited 3 days but it was delivered a week early as it was already in the UK. I think they are building certain spec with set options so you can't be to picky. Southampton said they had some with Bose sound system and they had a V2 with a pan roof on Thursday.
Bodj

Post by Bodj »

Alanwmcc wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:21 am Hi Bodj You are not going to like this :oops: To be precise the car took 7 days and 2 hrs to be delivered :shock: I managed to snag a cancellation I suspect in the exact spec and colour I had ordered. I do realise how lucky I have been. How long ago did you order?
I ordered about a month ago - to be honest the day I signed and paid the deposit there was a grey one sitting there I could’ve had but I have to be honest the grey does nothing for me - I’m holding out for the aurora blue with cooler wheels…
Who knows when it’ll arrive!
I’ve not seen any Borns around Cardiff!