Centre Arm Rest

All CUPRA Born related discussions
SilverCupra

Post by SilverCupra »

I was just wondering if the centre arm rest in a V2 is adjustable in height?

I have similar in my current VW, and that has a rachet so is adjustable, but the one in my wife's SEAT Ibiza does not have the rachet, so just drops to the bottom..

Anyone know?
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Geysor Silver

KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

No, sadly it’s a set height. It does slide backwards and forwards, but isn’t height adjustable.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
SilverCupra

Post by SilverCupra »

Thanks..

That sounds just like my wife's Ibiza, not adjustable and too low to use as an arm rest..

Shame that..
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Geysor Silver
Lebo

Post by Lebo »

I have used a small wedge to stop it dropping right down and it’s perfect now.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I do wonder why a ratchet wasn't included. It could put a lot of stress on the hinge, but VAG have been making armrests with ratchets for years.

I might have to make an insert at some point, more for the wife's sake than mine, the standard height is just about manageable for me.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

I find the arm rest fine for me, I must either have a longer than average upper arm, or shorter than average body 🤪

When people are talking about a 'wedge' to raise the armrest height, do you mean as it it was opened slightly, so it's on a slope, rather than being flat when it's closed? I might have a look at modelling and printing something for this.

I set the printer at work away on the first version of a mobile phone holder to sit on the back of the arm rest, so will see how that turns out on Monday when I'm back in.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Blackeunos wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:18 am I find the arm rest fine for me, I must either have a longer than average upper arm, or shorter than average body 🤪

When people are talking about a 'wedge' to raise the armrest height, do you mean as it it was opened slightly, so it's on a slope, rather than being flat when it's closed? I might have a look at modelling and printing something for this.

I set the printer at work away on the first version of a mobile phone holder to sit on the back of the arm rest, so will see how that turns out on Monday when I'm back in.
I have my seat height in its lowest position. Perhaps people who jack their seat up end up with a longer gap and could do with a ratchet?

I was thinking of a "T" shaped insert when the stalk of the T is as wide as the interior of the armrest cubby hole and the top of the T is as almost as wide as the exterior width of the armrest base.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565