Gap Insurance

All CUPRA Born related discussions
SilverCupra

Post by SilverCupra »

Sounds like Gap insurance is very good idea, so been looking into it.

I had the usual upsell from the dealer to take the Cupra Gap insurance, so just wondered if anyone did ?

The ALA Gap as promoted and discounted by this forum looks a decent product, so may try that..

Anyone any recommendations, who do you use ?
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Geysor Silver

nige

Post by nige »

I was also considering purchasing but I also read that some insurance companies would replace the car anyway in the first year. The AA small print for our policy reads -

Replacement Car
The Insurer will replace the Insured Car with a new vehicle of the same make, model and specification (if one is available in the UK) if, within 13 months of You buying the Insured Car from new:
• any repair cost or damage in respect of any one claim covered by the policy is more than 60% of the vehicle’s UK list price (including vehicle tax and VAT) when the Insured Car was purchased, or
• the Insured Car is stolen and not recovered.
The Insurer will only replace the Insured Car if You:
• bought the Insured Car outright; or
• bought the Insured Car under a hire purchase agreement or other type of agreement where ownership passes to You and the Finance Company agrees, and
• You were the first registered keeper of the Insured Car, or the second registered keeper
of the Insured Car where the Insured Car has been pre registered in the name of the manufacturer or supplying dealer, providing at the time of purchase the mileage was less than 250 miles.
V1 Quasar Grey with Tech pack L
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Dearer cars with decent residuals need a hell of a lot of damage to write them off completely within 3 years, or be stolen. I can't imagine a Cupra Born to be the thief magnet in the same way as perhaps a Golf R would be. As stated - year 1 coverage is usually free with your insurance.

GAP is covering against a hugely unlikely scenario, I personally wouldn't bother. If you do feel the need, an ALA policy bought directly, potentially with a discount code is probably your best bet.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565