Active Licence

All CUPRA Born related discussions
nige

Post by nige »

Finally got our Born back Sunday, fingers crossed all appears to be working now with no error codes and license messages. To cut a long story short after two weeks the dealer finally got a technical fix from the factory Thursday which was to disconnecting the car from both batteries to reset the entire systems. This involved removing the bottom of the rear seats to gain access which caused further delay as the clips used to hold in place are one time clips so they had to order new.

Was all ready to reject the car and had started discussing a replacement with the dealer. Not been impressed with the Cupra connect support, still not had a detailed response to my original ticket opened 21st. From what the dealer is saying they are really busy constantly doing updates to the systems in the background. Sounds a bit like they are developing stuff as they go!

Hopefully mine was a one off issues (that’s what the dealer has said). At least now we can finally start enjoying the car!
V1 Quasar Grey with Tech pack L

UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

nige wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:36 pm
Daveion wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:35 pm Nige, did you go through menus to see if anything needed to be enabled re permissions. Also check for any SW updates. My connection made progress once these hurdles were cleared. I also now have Tronity app back and running which gives some additional useful data.
The request I made to Cupra Digital has not yet even had a response. Self help sorted.
Hi Daveion, yep tried enabling / disabling everything, no SW updates were available. I’m convinced that the vin of the car is missing the license details associated with it in the Cupra system somewhere. Prob a 3 second job for someone at Cupra to add it back in.

Anyhow the car is staying at the dealer till it is resolved. They have lent me another Born exactly the same spec which I have managed setup and get all the services running including the my Cupra app.

Now that everything is working on the app does the door lock/unlock & lights control work for you? Mines showing as activated within service manager settings but then not available on the app Home Screen.
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Not working on mine UniqueUser1. Just happy thus far to see range and battery percentage. Not tried ore conditioning yet. Tronity shows more.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

I think Cupra deactivated the App lock/unlock for some reason.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I had an update from my dealership today re licences.
They are saying that the Emergency Service and Breakdown Service licences have to be activated by the dealership in conjunction with your driving licence details. My dealership said this was information they revieved today from Seat Cupra/VW. I don't know if anyone who is driving a Born on this forum has these licences yet or have been through this process.?
I was advised I should see an activation of these services in the next 24-48 hours. Of course they should be available as soon as you drive off. I didn't have to do this with my ID3 that ran on 2.3.
Maybe it's a level 3.0 SW thing?
Last edited by Daveion on Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Wrighty

Post by Wrighty »

Thanks to nige's post had my car three weeks not been able to get on the app.but tried disconnecting the 12v battery to reboot the car and worked update
available straight away and then was possible to connect to the app
Stuffygibbon

Post by Stuffygibbon »

Daveion wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:49 pm I had an update from my dealership today re licences.
They are saying that the Emergency Service and Breakdown Service licences have to be activated by the dealership in conjunction with your driving licence details. My dealership said this was information they revieved today from Seat Cupra/VW. I don't know if anyone who is driving a Born on this forum has these licences yet or have been through this process.?
I was advised I should see an activation of these services in the next 24-48 hours. Of course they should be available as soon as you drive off. I didn't have to do this with my ID3 that ran on 2.3.
Maybe it's a level 3.0 SW thing?
I had an email today for the cupra connect support guys asking if my missing license has now been fixed. Could be linked to what you've been told I guess. I'm not able to check as my wife has the car today :(
Born V2 with Tech pack L - Glacial White