Active Licence

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Daveion
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by Daveion » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:29 am

I have finally managed to connect to the My Cupra App as the primary user but still can't see anything in the App. Under Service Management everything is deactivated. Reason given is Licence Expired.
Buy one from the store???? It states
Anyone else had that issue.
Have emailed the dealership as well.

20220623_091345_001.jpg

ID3 LIFE 150kW 2020 sold Jun 22
New ID3 due Nov 2022 or ever!!
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22

Daveion
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by Daveion » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:52 am

Daveion wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:29 am
I have finally managed to connect to the My Cupra App as the primary user but still can't see anything in the App. Under Service Management everything is deactivated. Reason given is Licence Expired.
Buy one from the store???? It states
Anyone else had that issue.
Have emailed the dealership as well.
Had to buy one in the car menu?
Nil cost for one year.
Had to enter lots of info on the form on the screen Inc my Fin Agreement number.
Anyway I can finally use the app.
Anyone know what the cost is beyond 1 year?

Screenshot_20220623-095301_Yahoo Mail.jpg

ID3 LIFE 150kW 2020 sold Jun 22
New ID3 due Nov 2022 or ever!!
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22

User avatar
JezzyJV
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat May 14, 2022 1:35 pm

Post by JezzyJV » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:52 am

Yes , It was a little confusing to activate I agree ! My activation gave me 3 years though , wonder why yours is only one year ??

Stuffygibbon
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Stuffygibbon » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:33 am

Daveion wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:52 am
Daveion wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:29 am
I have finally managed to connect to the My Cupra App as the primary user but still can't see anything in the App. Under Service Management everything is deactivated. Reason given is Licence Expired.
Buy one from the store???? It states
Anyone else had that issue.
Have emailed the dealership as well.
Had to buy one in the car menu?
Nil cost for one year.
Had to enter lots of info on the form on the screen Inc my Fin Agreement number.
Anyway I can finally use the app.
Anyone know what the cost is beyond 1 year?
Can you expand a little on this please. Where did you go to activate this? On the screen in the car? I’m still stuck
Born V2 with Tech pack M - Glacial White

Daveion
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by Daveion » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:38 am

Stuffygibbon wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:33 am
Daveion wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:52 am
Daveion wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:29 am
I have finally managed to connect to the My Cupra App as the primary user but still can't see anything in the App. Under Service Management everything is deactivated. Reason given is Licence Expired.
Buy one from the store???? It states
Anyone else had that issue.
Have emailed the dealership as well.
Had to buy one in the car menu?
Nil cost for one year.
Had to enter lots of info on the form on the screen Inc my Fin Agreement number.
Anyway I can finally use the app.
Anyone know what the cost is beyond 1 year?
Can you expand a little on this please. Where did you go to activate this? On the screen in the car? I’m still stuck
In the wider menu in the car there is a shop.
The only option to purchase was Connect Plus.
It was £0.0 for a year.
A form popped up that I filled in. Long winded.
Like ordering something on line by post.
I did all of that and confirmed and was activated within minutes.
Have you managed to register as the primary user?
Dave
ID3 LIFE 150kW 2020 sold Jun 22
New ID3 due Nov 2022 or ever!!
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22

Stuffygibbon
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Stuffygibbon » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:47 am

Daveion wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:38 am
Stuffygibbon wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:33 am
Daveion wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:52 am


Had to buy one in the car menu?
Nil cost for one year.
Had to enter lots of info on the form on the screen Inc my Fin Agreement number.
Anyway I can finally use the app.
Anyone know what the cost is beyond 1 year?
Can you expand a little on this please. Where did you go to activate this? On the screen in the car? I’m still stuck
In the wider menu in the car there is a shop.
The only option to purchase was Connect Plus.
It was £0.0 for a year.
A form popped up that I filled in. Long winded.
Like ordering something on line by post.
I did all of that and confirmed and was activated within minutes.
Have you managed to register as the primary user?
Dave
Thanks Dave. Yes I’ve managed to set myself as the primary user after a lot of faff! Update v3 was needed 1st.

I’ll have a look in a bit and see if I can do it. I do hope it gives you 3 years and not just the 1.
Born V2 with Tech pack M - Glacial White

Daveion
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by Daveion » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:52 am

Stuffygibbon wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:47 am
Daveion wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:38 am
Stuffygibbon wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:33 am


Can you expand a little on this please. Where did you go to activate this? On the screen in the car? I’m still stuck
In the wider menu in the car there is a shop.
The only option to purchase was Connect Plus.
It was £0.0 for a year.
A form popped up that I filled in. Long winded.
Like ordering something on line by post.
I did all of that and confirmed and was activated within minutes.
Have you managed to register as the primary user?
Dave
Thanks Dave. Yes I’ve managed to set myself as the primary user after a lot of faff! Update v3 was needed 1st.

I’ll have a look in a bit and see if I can do it. I do hope it gives you 3 years and not just the 1.
My ID3 was 3 years. I have 12 months to sort it out with the dealership. More concerned that car mats were absent.
ID3 LIFE 150kW 2020 sold Jun 22
New ID3 due Nov 2022 or ever!!
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22

Stuffygibbon
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Stuffygibbon » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:18 am

Sorted! Thanks again Dave for sharing. I hadn’t noticed the shop at all.

Hope you get your mats sorted, it does sound like they come as standard on the v2s
Born V2 with Tech pack M - Glacial White

Kaygee
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:09 am

Post by Kaygee » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:13 pm

You should not have to purchase the license, all Cupra Borns come with a 3yrs license. I had all sorts of issues trying to activate mine, as the App kept telling me everything was deactivated. After a few days without any success I went back to the car and turned "off" the 'vehicle/usage data' and 'send location data' in the user profile section. I locked the car, unlocked the car, went back into the user profile setting and turned back ON those 2 settings and hey presto my App came to life with everything activated and my user license agreement ending in June 2025. If your still having issues its worth a try.
V2 BORN 58 Vapor Grey
Ordered 22/3/22
Delivered/ picked up 9/6/22

Daveion
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by Daveion » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:23 pm

Kaygee wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:13 pm
You should not have to purchase the license, all Cupra Borns come with a 3yrs license. I had all sorts of issues trying to activate mine, as the App kept telling me everything was deactivated. After a few days without any success I went back to the car and turned "off" the 'vehicle/usage data' and 'send location data' in the user profile section. I locked the car, unlocked the car, went back into the user profile setting and turned back ON those 2 settings and hey presto my App came to life with everything activated and my user license agreement ending in June 2025. If your still having issues its worth a try.
Thanks Kaygee
I just wanted to get it running ASAP.
It didn't cost anything for 12 months so will get back to the dealer to sort it out.
ID3 LIFE 150kW 2020 sold Jun 22
New ID3 due Nov 2022 or ever!!
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22

Post Reply