My Cupra app

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Press and hold the :: or /// menu circle and you get the service menu, the top option should be the software update if available.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue

UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

I’ve managed to connect to the app however there doesn’t seem to be a licence. It’s saying about purchasing one from a store but I’m a little stuck. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction please?
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

UniqueUser1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:19 pm I’ve managed to connect to the app however there doesn’t seem to be a licence. It’s saying about purchasing one from a store but I’m a little stuck. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction please?
The store app doesn't work properly with the car straight out of the box.

You need to make sure you put your car in online mode by agreeing to the relevant privacy terms, then, go into the menu screen (squares rather than slashes) - top right is the notifications screen.

In there, there should be a notification for an update, click on more info, then update.

Once its done, leave the car and be out of range of the battery for 10 mins.

Then, get back in the car and the update should have taken effect. You can then go into the car's store app (the squares menu, bottom far right.

Buy the available app for the princely sum of £0 and with that installed, the connection with the car as per the My Cupra app instructions should work properly to completion.

They don't make it easy!
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:33 pm
UniqueUser1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:19 pm I’ve managed to connect to the app however there doesn’t seem to be a licence. It’s saying about purchasing one from a store but I’m a little stuck. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction please?
The store app doesn't work properly with the car straight out of the box.

You need to make sure you put your car in online mode by agreeing to the relevant privacy terms, then, go into the menu screen (squares rather than slashes) - top right is the notifications screen.

In there, there should be a notification for an update, click on more info, then update.

Once its done, leave the car and be out of range of the battery for 10 mins.

Then, get back in the car and the update should have taken effect. You can then go into the car's store app (the squares menu, bottom far right.

Buy the available app for the princely sum of £0 and with that installed, the connection with the car as per the My Cupra app instructions should work properly to completion.

They don't make it easy!
Thank you for the help there, all registered & connected it seems. Do you happen to know why the breakdown & emergency calling is showing deactivated whilst everything else is activated? On the app now the range is showing but the light & lock/unlock isn’t there either. Very weird!
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

I have the same issue with breakdown, do you have the licence expired messages In your notifications in the car?

I do but the dealer assures me it’s fine. I’m not sure I believe him.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

KEV1L wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:29 pm I have the same issue with breakdown, do you have the licence expired messages In your notifications in the car?

I do but the dealer assures me it’s fine. I’m not sure I believe him.
Yep same with you, have the licence expired notification on the car settings too. When I tap the notification nothing happens either, very strange. I was tempted to press the breakdown button at the top of the car by the reading lights to see what happens as a test but haven’t yet.

Does the door lock/unlock and lights work on your app btw? I might de-register my primary user and start again to see what happens.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

As far as I’m aware Cupra deactivated the lock/unlock feature so it doesn’t work for anyone.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
WelshCupraB

Post by WelshCupraB »

Yep same here and dealer doesn't know why. I did notice the wifi symbol on top right goes grey and has a line through it. Emailed dealer for help and got a Cupra Support email address so now have notification of case number and waiting for them to contact me.
WelshCupraB

Post by WelshCupraB »

Sorted mine just now. Update software as Guest which takes a few minutes. Delete App on phone. Reinstall App and log in (you will need VIN number). Connected in seconds
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Looks like there is s level of success and knowledge building with getting the app working. Mine has been up and running for just over a week and remaining issues are:-
No emergency service licence. Deactivated
No breakdown service licence. Deactivated
Car shows a different range to the app. This morning the car is showing 206 miles at 75% and the app 132 at 75%. Not a big deal but annoying.
Anyone got the remaining licence business sorted?
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE