Anyone got an e-boost yet?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:48 pm

I have a V2 E-Boost reserved, subject to taking a local test drive this Saturday and wanting to upgrade my ID3 204ps Life. It'll be available next weekend to pick up if I don't back out.

The ID3 in sports mode annoyingly behaves like it is in B mode (regen as soon as you lift off the accelerator, even if you're in D mode) - can anyone in an E-Boost confirm that when running Cupra mode, the car behaves like it's in B mode even when its in D mode? I think that would annoy me a lot.
His: Born 230ps E-Boost V2 with L-Tech pack in Glacial White

Hers: Born 230ps E-Boost V2 with L-Tech pack in Aurora Blue.

DarrylW

Post by DarrylW » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:49 am

Only speaking from my short test drive of an e-Boost, and haven't driven the ID3, but using Cupra mode didn't apply the same regen as B mode. B mode is a very noticeable slow-down when you lift off the accelerator, whereas I don't remember much (certainly not significant) braking being applied when lifting off in the Cupra/Sport modes

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:48 am

DarrylW wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:49 am
Only speaking from my short test drive of an e-Boost, and haven't driven the ID3, but using Cupra mode didn't apply the same regen as B mode. B mode is a very noticeable slow-down when you lift off the accelerator, whereas I don't remember much (certainly not significant) braking being applied when lifting off in the Cupra/Sport modes
That's good to know, and i'll confirm on my Saturday test drive that isn't too far away! I am hoping that it doesn't do as the ID3 in Sport mode - It makes no sense at all to have B type regen forced upon you when you're in D mode, but for whatever reason, the ID3 does exactly that.

Daveion

Post by Daveion » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:03 pm

monkeyhanger wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:48 am
DarrylW wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:49 am
That's good to know, and i'll confirm on my Saturday test drive that isn't too far away! I am hoping that it doesn't do as the ID3 in Sport mode - It makes no sense at all to have B type regen forced upon you when you're in D mode, but for whatever reason, the ID3 does exactly that.
Your car looks better than my one lol.
Just my luck.
Dave
ID3 LIFE 150kW 2020 sold Jun 22
New ID3 due Nov 2022 or ever!!
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:01 pm

You've sat in my car, that's more than i've done with it! :lol:

It will be mine on Wednesday!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post