OBDeleven Travel Assist

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Elea4 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:01 am It's equally possible that Betty W has has a firm grip on the steering wheel that provides enough force feedback to disable the intervention warnings. @Betty W - what's your impression? Are we talking about a light touch with fingertips which would be just enough to trigger a capacitive sensor? Or a proper grip?

There's a real enough possibility that not a single Born has until now been shipped with a capacitive steering wheel - and various sources are suggesting that it'll be months before the first of such Borns equipped with Travel Assist will ship.
Another possibility is the standard Born steering wheel is capacitative, but the E-Boost one with the satellite buttons (mine is a 230ps e-boost) doesn't. I'll have a play with the settings on the coding. I have set it up with the bits checked as per my ID3, and unchecked the additional bits that were checked by default on the Born. I will recheck those default bytes in addition to the ID3's setting and see if that works, if not, i'll knock it off as TA is utterly pointless if you have to nudge it out of kilter to get it to correct every 15 seconds to let the car know you're holding the wheel.

There were some other bits to select in the Born specific Apps that interested me, but the car wouldn't take the coding. I will try again.

When the direct sunlight is off the car a bit later, i'm going to Iron X treat it then apply a few coats of G-Techniq C2V3 sealant.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Also your’s has the automatic tyre wrecking system like mine 🤣
But have you got the memory park or is this just an id3 thing.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Betty W wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:12 am Also your’s has the automatic tyre wrecking system like mine 🤣
I will have a look for it. Just finished the Iron X and then C2V3 sealant coat. I was going to go 2 coats, but i'm just about out of it, so will get some more for the Wife's Aurora Blue V2 e-boost i'm hoping to pick up next week from Woking.

I haven't tried autopark, will probably try it once for the novelty value and then never use it again. There's a few things on the OBD11 App that are Born specific and the car wouldn't accept the change.

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

When your done, post some pic’s 👍
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Betty W wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:12 am Also your’s has the automatic tyre wrecking system like mine 🤣
I had a dig around the modules, but didn't see any descriptors for memory park activation. Still haven't tried park assist. Maybe "trained park assist" is the memory function?

I changed my TA settings - keeping the bytes that were originally ticked and just adding the new ones. If the car still requires regular intervention then i'll conclude that I definitely don't have a capacitative steering wheel.

I did successfully apply the following:-

3rd brake light on when trunk open
Auto Lock Menu
Interior light fading
High beam assist memory

The following apps don't seem to work and I got refunded the credits for them:-

Aircare state memory
Air recirculation memory

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

I did the high beam memory too, that’s interesting (trained park assist) good find.
Says not installed so may not be easy.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Betty W wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:19 am I did the high beam memory too, that’s interesting (trained park assist) good find.
Says not installed so may not be easy.
Did you try to alter it and come up with a "computer says no" situation? Haven't tried it myself yet as I was scrolling through the modules offline.

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

No like you just looking through my modules on phone but haven’t tried it yet, will have ago over the weekend and hope it says yes.
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:20 amStill haven't tried park assist. Maybe "trained park assist" is the memory function?

Sure looks like it to me:

Please give it a try and let us know!

Trained Park Assist 0x5F msg bus
Trained Park Assist 0x5F
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I wonder what happens with park assist memory if you park on a street where communal parking applies and you can't guarantee getting the exact same parking spot every time? Presumably it gives up on the memory function and does a fresh parking attempt?