Routines not working

All CUPRA Born related discussions
dforetay

Post by dforetay » Mon May 23, 2022 4:46 pm

Hello all!

I just got my Born. I set the routines in the e-manager. The charging is supposed to happen from 9.30pm to 6am.
However, as soon as I plug the charger, it starts the charging right away, even if not in the time range of the routine.

Any suggestion ? I don’t really know what to do and the user manual is not really helpful on that.

Thanks

davmatjo

Post by davmatjo » Mon May 23, 2022 8:36 pm

There's a big thread on the ID.3 forums complaining about scheduled charging being basically broken. My guess is that the Born shares an almost identical software base and probably all the bugs that come along with it.

Out of interest, do you have any information about the software version? I wonder if they use the same numbering system as the ID series.

dforetay

Post by dforetay » Tue May 24, 2022 5:25 am

Hello.

Thanks for the feedback. The soft for command unit is 6074 and the media codec version is 3.1.4.

Don’t know if it is the same than ID3 ones.

Edit 26.05:
However, I reset the scheduling and now it is working. Well partially. Now I am facing same issue than on ID3, meaning that I want to charge up to 80% during the night. But the car is systematically only charged at 64%. I did try with full power and reduced power. No change. I will try next time to charge with a setting to 95% and see how it goes. I will post the results here.

Thank you

dforetay

Post by dforetay » Sat May 28, 2022 8:17 am

Finally I found what the problem was. You can set % of charge in the general settings of the e-manager and also in the routine itself. But the % in the routine will define the % of charge of what is set in the general settings.
For example, if you set 80% of charge in the general settings, and then again 80% in the routine, your car will charge 80% of the 80% set. Meaning only 64%.
So if you want to have at the end 80% of total capacity when you want to leave, you have to set 100% in the routine. I hope it helps, because it is really not well explained in the manual

ACR_MCR

Post by ACR_MCR » Sun May 29, 2022 8:37 am

Hi all, new to the forum & 1st post so pls bear with me…

Thinking about your findings above, would this setup stop you ever charging to 100% if required?
Would it be better to set the general setting to 100% then use your routine(s) to set the % you want for that particular charge?

Not got my Born yet, on order expected ETA Sept 22. V2 in Geyser Silver
/Nige

dforetay

Post by dforetay » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:25 am

It is advised to not charge more than 80% in the manual in order to make the battery last longer.
I would suggest you keep the main settings to 80% and change it to 100% only when necessary.

ACR_MCR

Post by ACR_MCR » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:35 am

👍 Good point, makes sense. Great info BTW.