Routines not working

All CUPRA Born related discussions
dforetay

Post by dforetay »

Hello all!

I just got my Born. I set the routines in the e-manager. The charging is supposed to happen from 9.30pm to 6am.
However, as soon as I plug the charger, it starts the charging right away, even if not in the time range of the routine.

Any suggestion ? I don’t really know what to do and the user manual is not really helpful on that.

Thanks

davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

There's a big thread on the ID.3 forums complaining about scheduled charging being basically broken. My guess is that the Born shares an almost identical software base and probably all the bugs that come along with it.

Out of interest, do you have any information about the software version? I wonder if they use the same numbering system as the ID series.
dforetay

Post by dforetay »

Hello.

Thanks for the feedback. The soft for command unit is 6074 and the media codec version is 3.1.4.

Don’t know if it is the same than ID3 ones.

Edit 26.05:
However, I reset the scheduling and now it is working. Well partially. Now I am facing same issue than on ID3, meaning that I want to charge up to 80% during the night. But the car is systematically only charged at 64%. I did try with full power and reduced power. No change. I will try next time to charge with a setting to 95% and see how it goes. I will post the results here.

Thank you
dforetay

Post by dforetay »

Finally I found what the problem was. You can set % of charge in the general settings of the e-manager and also in the routine itself. But the % in the routine will define the % of charge of what is set in the general settings.
For example, if you set 80% of charge in the general settings, and then again 80% in the routine, your car will charge 80% of the 80% set. Meaning only 64%.
So if you want to have at the end 80% of total capacity when you want to leave, you have to set 100% in the routine. I hope it helps, because it is really not well explained in the manual
Born_in_MCR

Post by Born_in_MCR »

Hi all, new to the forum & 1st post so pls bear with me…

Thinking about your findings above, would this setup stop you ever charging to 100% if required?
Would it be better to set the general setting to 100% then use your routine(s) to set the % you want for that particular charge?

Not got my Born yet, on order expected ETA Sept 22. V2 in Geyser Silver
/Nige
Cupra Born_V2 (58Kwh)_Geyser Silver_IO-GO...
dforetay

Post by dforetay »

It is advised to not charge more than 80% in the manual in order to make the battery last longer.
I would suggest you keep the main settings to 80% and change it to 100% only when necessary.
Born_in_MCR

Post by Born_in_MCR »

👍 Good point, makes sense. Great info BTW.
Cupra Born_V2 (58Kwh)_Geyser Silver_IO-GO...
WoT

Post by WoT »

I reached the point with my dumb slow 3-pin charger, that I could schedule 90% or whatever, using the e-manager. Took about a dozen tries, with help from this and the ID forum. Only got seriously delayed once ("Death in Bracknell"). So I know my e-manager can be made to work.

Changing anything is a big risk when you're having to experiment in the dark. Documentation is hopeless all round.

So, I just got an Ohme chargepoint with scheduling software in the wall-box and also in the Ohme app (which I ignore, for simplicity), and of course, I've lost control of scheduled charging . I set "charge immediately" on the wallbox, and used the e-manager to schedule charging overnight, but they both just went to sleep - this morning I dropped the schedule and re-started "charge immediately" on the wallbox.Does anyone have a sure-fire routine with the same hardware, that they can set out simply here? I've no idea of the car's software version but the car was first registered Sept 22.
58kwh v2 Dec 22
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

For starters, the only thing you should be letting the car do is determine how much charge to give it e.g. stop at 80%/90%/100%.

I have the older style of Ohme box, but app control is the same.

I would schedule with the app - tell it what car you have and what tariff you are on (in "what tariff" section of the app - this tells the charger your cheap unit rate and for what period you get it). Then tell it only to charge when it's cheap (if that's what you want - in "my charger", go to "Price cap" and set a price that equals or is marginally more expensive than your cheap off-peak rate, and enable price cap.

In settings, activate "save money".

You should be good to go at that point for cheap scheduled charging. Disable price cap and save money if you want an instant charge.

If you have issues with only charging at half rate, change your car in the app to an ID3, using the "wake" variant to wake the car up when it is scheduled to charge.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
WoT

Post by WoT »

Many thanks for that. The big step is probably your first point - the charger has control. So I just set it up (on the wallbox) to do 80% by 7.30am tomorrow, and it's away. The Ohme app (which I wasn't ready to trust) seems to be pretty well integrated with the wall charger and is showing me what it plans to do - unlike the Cupra app which doesn't . I'll experiment with ramping the chargepoint up to 90% next ,to see if the car chokes it at 80%.
I haven't yet found a current (geddit) provider who offers off-peak rates, it seems to be a universal victim of the energy pricing issues. Given my experience so far, I'm in no rush to embrace that level of sofware finesse. But you've laid out the path, so - thanks again
58kwh v2 Dec 22