Phone connection issues

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
ozy757

Post by ozy757 »

Hi all

Couple of times now my phones won’t connect to the car not through Apple play or android.

I tried stopping, getting out and locking the car to see if it’s reset but nothing worked.

Had to use the car sat nav which is awful.

Anyone else had this or know what may be causing it?

Thanks

Ozy

Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

Yes, started recently so guess it’s to do with a software update.

Go into settings and you’ll find CarPlay select the phone that’s already there (so the car can already see it) and it will work fine.

Can’t tell you exactly where in the menu as I’m away from home without the Cupra as I’m on holiday in a place where I need my 4x4
ozy757

Post by ozy757 »

Tried the Car Olay access quite a few times on the day but it wouldn’t connect, despite doing so automatically usually.
Worked when I drove the car yesterday so hoping just a one off glitch.
JBorn

Post by JBorn »

I used to have this issue all the time... I found it always happened when I had two phones plugged into the two front USB ports and both connected to the infotainment bluetooth too.... this essentially gives the car 4 options to connect via (wired or wireless for both two phones)... they would fight for the connection until the car had had enough and gave up.

I solved it by just plugging one phone into the rear USB ports (which aren't connected to infotainment) and the one I want to use as android auto is either wireless charging or plugged into one of the front chargers

If you have multiple phones connected try removing all the ones and only readding the one you want as android auto/ carplay

Then re-add the others later if you want to use them

That's what worked for me anyway... i think the car gets confused which phone is the priority to connect to, so it just gives up until the car switches off completely and it'll start working again after a few hours

Or maybe it's just a glitch in a new cupra update

I find sometimes when the car glitches out, sometimes you can make android auto work again by unplugging any phones, turning any other phones other than the one you want to connect onto flight mode (otherwise it just reconnects via bluetooth) and attempting to connect wirelesly, this seems to reset the connections if it does let you do it. Not great when your going 70 on the motorway though
JBorn

Post by JBorn »

If it's any comfort, my car started this again yesterday for the first time in months...

It bugged out after I did a rapid charge, my brother tried for about half an hour as we were driving along but we gave up in the end... the system just doesn't respond even if you try to remove the phone and re add it

Need to get a phone holder as it'll probably happen again

I did have two phones connected though so it might have been that

Worked fine this morning after it charged overnight...