New Born owner here saying hello *Wave*

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
whathappened?

Post by whathappened? »

Took delivery of my New 58kwh V2 Born in Vapour Grey on Monday, I am absolutely in love with it so far. I am also happy to confirm it came with rear speakers (as evident by the fader controls and sound coming from the rear speakers lol) I read that this has not always been the case!

Since ordering it I have literally been obsessed with everything Cupra Born so I feel I was as prepared as I could be for the good and the bad when I got the keys. My YouTube history and google history is just Born this and Born that haha.

So far everything is going really well. I have noticed there is not an option in the Cupra connect app to remotely unlock and lock the car - I had this option on my previous Leon so not sure why it's not there. I love the acceleration on this thing it's crazy!

I have done full charge at home (see picture) and also out and about and pretty confident now how it all works haha. It's a bit faff to have million different apps for stuff but overall happy.

Lovely to meet you all!!!!

Liam

Born Charging.jpeg

pardonator

Post by pardonator »

Looks great, where are you based? I had a wave from one looking very similar the other day. 👍🏻
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Welcome to the forum Liam.
Glad your experience is very positive. The locked / unlocked info in the App is never more annoying than when you are miles from the car and realise it isn't locked and you cannot do anything about it.
V2 looking good and Vapour Grey 👍
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
rsg444

Post by rsg444 »

Good taste! I have the same combo but sadly no rear speakers on mine.
whathappened?

Post by whathappened? »

Hello guys!

Im from Doncaster!

Yea the was in London on a sleep over (Went to an event) and to my horror realised it was unlocked and couldn't do anything about it. Got home and all was well though!

Thank you so much yeah I think vapour grey and the Blue colour are my two favourite options! I only went with the grey because it was 4 week wait vs 8 haha
whathappened?

Post by whathappened? »

rsg444 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:48 pm Good taste! I have the same combo but sadly no rear speakers on mine.
Awww no way! It's so strange that they were not there from the beginning. Was there a part shortage or something?

I think its unfair that paying the same price for something as someone else but missing things. I think cupra should retro fit them for free!
rsg444

Post by rsg444 »

whathappened? wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:24 pm
rsg444 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:48 pm Good taste! I have the same combo but sadly no rear speakers on mine.
Awww no way! It's so strange that they were not there from the beginning. Was there a part shortage or something?

I think its unfair that paying the same price for something as someone else but missing things. I think cupra should retro fit them for free!
Yes totally agree - to be honest I didn't even know they sold them without rear speakers until I came across this forum - I mean a £36k car with no rear speakers is a joke to be honest! But yes, now this state where some have them and some do is poor from Cupra.
Roborn

Post by Roborn »

Another new owner here - a Quasar grey V2. Only had the car today, but having been all over the forums I was pleasantly surprised how easy I’ve found the haptic steering wheel buttons and sliders to use. My hands don’t go anywhere near the controls as I drive, and initial thoughts are it’s a non-issue for me. Had what I thought were a couple of issues with the app but found settings that allowed me to fix them. If I was less proficient with IT I might struggle with all the settings etc - I’m in my early 50’s so using pc’s and smartphones is part of my everyday job but I know friends and family might really struggle. For my first day I’m pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to drive and operate, I don’t tend to fiddle with heating etc much on a journey and always use CarPlay, so it’s been a much easier learning curve so far than I expected. Oh, and I got rear speakers too!!
Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

whathappened? wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:05 pm Took delivery of my New 58kwh V2 Born in Vapour Grey on Monday, I am absolutely in love with it so far. I am also happy to confirm it came with rear speakers (as evident by the fader controls and sound coming from the rear speakers lol) I read that this has not always been the case!

Since ordering it I have literally been obsessed with everything Cupra Born so I feel I was as prepared as I could be for the good and the bad when I got the keys. My YouTube history and google history is just Born this and Born that haha.

So far everything is going really well. I have noticed there is not an option in the Cupra connect app to remotely unlock and lock the car - I had this option on my previous Leon so not sure why it's not there. I love the acceleration on this thing it's crazy!

I have done full charge at home (see picture) and also out and about and pretty confident now how it all works haha. It's a bit faff to have million different apps for stuff but overall happy.

Lovely to meet you all!!!!

Liam
Can I just ask, why you didn’t put the charger further back along the wall? Wouldn’t need drape it over the car no matter which way around you parked.
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

Boris7 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:51 pm
Can I just ask, why you didn’t put the charger further back along the wall? Wouldn’t need drape it over the car no matter which way around you parked.
I have to agree. I'm pretty pernickety about hand-washing the car, but I would expect most people would balk at draping a heavy cable over the car's paintwork, especially since it will pick up grit and will move about in the wind, scratching the paintwork.

You could always drive the car in forward and reverse out. I'm guessing another car parks in front of where this car is parked. Oh well, ETTO
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023