Active Licence

All CUPRA Born related discussions
nige

Post by nige »

Picked my Born up last Friday and had this issue from start, opened support ticket with Cupra Tues, still awaiting a solution, just get told they are working on a fix. I tried what you suggested Kaygee but I can’t even open the in car store to purchase I get error code ERR_BEN_A0000. Born going back to dealer today to try and resolve. Was told by support to goto shop.mycupra.com where you can also purchase the license, however when I log in my car vin is listed but nothing is listed to purchase.
V1 Quasar Grey with Tech pack L

Stuffygibbon

Post by Stuffygibbon »

nige wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:30 am Picked my Born up last Friday and had this issue from start, opened support ticket with Cupra Tues, still awaiting a solution, just get told they are working on a fix. I tried what you suggested Kaygee but I can’t even open the in car store to purchase I get error code ERR_BEN_A0000. Born going back to dealer today to try and resolve. Was told by support to goto shop.mycupra.com where you can also purchase the license, however when I log in my car vin is listed but nothing is listed to purchase.
I logged a ticket too and was told the same with the same result as you. I've prompted them for a resolution but nothing yet.. I did manage to purchase the service from the shop on the screen in the car.

Have you managed to set yourself as a primary user? Check for updates if you're not on v3 too as this is required before you'll be able to log in via the App etc..
Born V2 with Tech pack L - Glacial White
nige

Post by nige »

Stuffygibbon wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:22 am
nige wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:30 am Picked my Born up last Friday and had this issue from start, opened support ticket with Cupra Tues, still awaiting a solution, just get told they are working on a fix. I tried what you suggested Kaygee but I can’t even open the in car store to purchase I get error code ERR_BEN_A0000. Born going back to dealer today to try and resolve. Was told by support to goto shop.mycupra.com where you can also purchase the license, however when I log in my car vin is listed but nothing is listed to purchase.
I logged a ticket too and was told the same with the same result as you. I've prompted them for a resolution but nothing yet.. I did manage to purchase the service from the shop on the screen in the car.

Have you managed to set yourself as a primary user? Check for updates if you're not on v3 too as this is required before you'll be able to log in via the App etc..
Hi Stuffygibbon, yes I’m primary user, but it won’t sync the user when you press sync, tried deleting accounts and app etc also, running v3 software. Given up with the Cupra support, dealer now trying to resolve.
Stuffygibbon

Post by Stuffygibbon »

nige wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:38 am
Stuffygibbon wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:22 am

Hi Stuffygibbon, yes I’m primary user, but it won’t sync the user when you press sync, tried deleting accounts and app etc also, running v3 software. Given up with the Cupra support, dealer now trying to resolve.
Good luck! Let us know what they did to resolve it, assuming they do ;)
Born V2 with Tech pack L - Glacial White
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Nige, did you go through menus to see if anything needed to be enabled re permissions. Also check for any SW updates. My connection made progress once these hurdles were cleared. I also now have Tronity app back and running which gives some additional useful data.
The request I made to Cupra Digital has not yet even had a response. Self help sorted.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
nige

Post by nige »

Daveion wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:35 pm Nige, did you go through menus to see if anything needed to be enabled re permissions. Also check for any SW updates. My connection made progress once these hurdles were cleared. I also now have Tronity app back and running which gives some additional useful data.
The request I made to Cupra Digital has not yet even had a response. Self help sorted.
Hi Daveion, yep tried enabling / disabling everything, no SW updates were available. I’m convinced that the vin of the car is missing the license details associated with it in the Cupra system somewhere. Prob a 3 second job for someone at Cupra to add it back in.

Anyhow the car is staying at the dealer till it is resolved. They have lent me another Born exactly the same spec which I have managed setup and get all the services running including the my Cupra app.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

nige wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:36 pm
Daveion wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:35 pm Nige, did you go through menus to see if anything needed to be enabled re permissions. Also check for any SW updates. My connection made progress once these hurdles were cleared. I also now have Tronity app back and running which gives some additional useful data.
Hi Daveion, yep tried enabling / disabling everything, no SW updates were available. I’m convinced that the vin of the car is missing the license details associated with it in the Cupra system somewhere. Prob a 3 second job for someone at Cupra to add it back in.

Anyhow the car is staying at the dealer till it is resolved. They have lent me another Born exactly the same spec which I have managed setup and get all the services running including the my Cupra app.
👍
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

My dealer called me this morning re some things I wanted to clarify. He said that they have to achieve an 80% success rate in app connection at handover or face some penalty or other.
I have a feeling from this thread that not all cars have the same path to connection or pre configured with a licence as they should be.
I think that will be a bit of task if experiences here are anything to go by.
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

I’ve now realised there are two issues in play, one I’ve sorted the other I still have outstanding.

1. The remote app features. I’ve sorted this by ‘buying’ the cupra connect licence in the in-car store
2. The remote assistance licence the car complains about (below) AFAIK this is the breakdown and customer service buttons in the car. The dealer is going to look into this for me next week.

C3A86671-08A6-4BEA-A0B1-C9941D8D572F.jpeg

Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

Took delivery of mine today, had a few issues with the software but got through most in the end, that one remains so looking forward to seeing the resolution.