Dealer Responsibility

All CUPRA Born related discussions
nige

Post by nige »

We've had issues with our Borns lack of connectivity due to ongoing license issue as I’ve mentioned in one of the threads. This happened from picking the car up at the dealer, although we created a user profile at the dealer and linked to the car I didn't realise till back home that we had no active license enabled.

After a lot of troubleshooting myself, returning to the dealer without success and contacting Cupra tech support without a solution I was a bit shocked by my dealers response when I told them the product I had purchased was faulty due to this.

The response I got back was that the license is not a service they provide, sell or administer which is rubbish of course.

I bought the Born not just for the car itself but the overall package as per the marketing material. For an EV, connectivity in my opinion is essential to check the battery status, pre condition etc.

To me it seems dealers and manufactures need to start changing their attitudes when selling EVs, we are buying a package which they alone are selling now not just a vehicle.
V1 Quasar Grey with Tech pack L

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

nige wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:22 pm We've had issues with our Borns lack of connectivity due to ongoing license issue as I’ve mentioned in one of the threads. This happened from picking the car up at the dealer, although we created a user profile at the dealer and linked to the car I didn't realise till back home that we had no active license enabled.

After a lot of troubleshooting myself, returning to the dealer without success and contacting Cupra tech support without a solution I was a bit shocked by my dealers response when I told them the product I had purchased was faulty due to this.

The response I got back was that the license is not a service they provide, sell or administer which is rubbish of course.

I bought the Born not just for the car itself but the overall package as per the marketing material. For an EV, connectivity in my opinion is essential to check the battery status, pre condition etc.

To me it seems dealers and manufactures need to start changing their attitudes when selling EVs, we are buying a package which they alone are selling now not just a vehicle.
I agree Nige. The experience should be seamless.
I expected the sales people to be on a learning curve and I held a knowledge advantage as I have had 18 months experience of an ID3. Nevertheless, I can honestly say the dealership were clueless. They are nice people, very polite, good folk but clueless about the product. Each handover should include successful App connection and function.
Until the product familiarisation is correctly in place we are all pioneers in the EV market.
Not something I thought I would be doing in my 70's.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

I had the same issue today after picking mine up, but I sorted it after a few steps, all gathered from threads here:
1. Install the latest update
2. Restart the head unit
3. Connect the app and pair
4. ‘buying’ the cupra connect plus licence in the in car store.

Having done that it’s showing as licensed.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

KEV1L wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:52 pm I had the same issue today after picking mine up, but I sorted it after a few steps, all gathered from threads here:
2. Restart the head unit

It's good when you know what to do 😂
That took me around 4 hours of trial and error.
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
nige

Post by nige »

KEV1L wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:52 pm I had the same issue today after picking mine up, but I sorted it after a few steps, all gathered from threads here:
2. Restart the head unit

I wish it was that easy :lol: , I tried all that but then could not access the car store, error code ERR_BEN_A0000 always appeared on screen!
nige

Post by nige »

Daveion wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:22 pm
nige wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:22 pm We've had issues with our Borns lack of connectivity due to ongoing license issue as I’ve mentioned in one of the threads. This happened from picking the car up at the dealer, although we created a user profile at the dealer and linked to the car I didn't realise till back home that we had no active license enabled.

I agree Nige. The experience should be seamless.
I expected the sales people to be on a learning curve and I held a knowledge advantage as I have had 18 months experience of an ID3. Nevertheless, I can honestly say the dealership were clueless. They are nice people, very polite, good folk but clueless about the product. Each handover should include successful App connection and function.
Until the product familiarisation is correctly in place we are all pioneers in the EV market.
Not something I thought I would be doing in my 70's.
The sales team I dealt with were also nice people, but also lacked product knowledge. I get the feeling with my license issue they are also in the hands of the Cupra Tech support and cant actually do much in the dealership. I also asked about servicing for the vehicle before purchasing, they were very vague saying it didn't need it. Of course we all know things like brakes etc still need checking. Im still not 100% sure about the servicing, perhaps something for another thread. This is our first EV but I am quite technical luckily, loving driving the vehicle, shame its actually my wife who is going to be driving it mainly, ferrying the children around but I will be stealing it weekends!
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

The ID3 servicing is 2 years or 20,000 miles although there were quite a few posts about disc issues way before this attributed to predominate B driving where mechanical breaking doesn't get to clean the discs up. I don't personally subscribe to that theory as the pad sits so close to the disc. I think some premature disc replacements are down to over zealous technicians with "warped disc" bees in their bonnet.
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE