OBDeleven Travel Assist

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Betty W wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:33 pm @monkeyhanger can I ask what setting do you get extra in the Auto lock menu
Just done mine but nothing extra is showing.
I'll take a look at it in the morning.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Betty W wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:55 pm Quick update, I just had a look at assisted parking but it won’t accept, did find this in front assist though.
97542D22-D421-4EAB-A596-187878998A90.jpeg
Found it in adaptive cruisecontrol. Capacitative dteering wheel says not installed, travel assist says deactivated - will have to change those and see what happens on the 32 mile drive to work.

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:18 pm
Betty W wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:55 pm Quick update, I just had a look at assisted parking but it won’t accept, did find this in front assist though.
97542D22-D421-4EAB-A596-187878998A90.jpeg
Where is that, which module? Are you in long coding or adaptation? I'll have a look tomorrow.
It’s in 13 Adaptive cruise control
Just in the written long coding
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Had no luck at all this morning. I could change capacitative steering wheel to "Installed" and similarly I could change TravelAssist to "Activated", but the coding wouldn't take "there has been a problem".

Betty - did you change your TA coding exactly like I described on the ID3, or did you just add additional tick boxes, to give a slightly different output? I did the former, then the latter. Might go back to Former and see if capacitative steering wheel is allowed to enable. If not, I suspect there's a hardware check on the coding request that fails if the hardware is incapable of performing your coding proposal.

I also tried to enable the intelligent park assist, but was met with a total refusal from the car.

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

I followed your instructions and made the bit changes in long coding exactly as you did on id3.
But my travel assist in control module 13 will not activate, also none of the intelligent park assist will code too.
What extra did you get in the lock menu as mine is just as it was before using the OBDeleven app.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

I did have trouble getting OBDeleven to work at all yesterday, my son struggled with his car too, so maybe problem at there end.
davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

It would seem a little strange for some cars to have a capacitive wheel and some to not... Then again if there is a difference it would make sense if it was between trims that do have different wheels.

I'm still not sure whether it's worth bothering to enable travel assist given the dealer could turn around and refuse warranty service to any part even remotely related to the changes that were made. Even if they strictly speaking should honour the warranty.

At the same time it's irritating that at least some of these cars have all the hardware to make travel assist function, yet they don't even sell it as an option in the UK!
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

It's not a surprise at all given the chaos at Zwickau this year. Picture all the steering wheels made for Travel Assist just sitting there because other necessary control units and/or cameras aren't available. At some point some of those steering wheels with capacitive sensors are going to be used instead, especially considering not a single Born with Travel Assist has been shipped to date.
davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

Actually you make a very good point - I hadn't thought of that. Is that figure of none shipped just for the UK or the whole EU?
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Zero models with Travel Assist have shipped worldwide for actual buyers. The supposed production start date for pre-existing orders with that option is end of August, at which time it will once again be available to order.

I'm actually in Germany - for a while there was a Zwickau factory worker posting info on the German Born forum with some interesting insider tidbits. Well, that is until he received the red one he ordered. Probably too busy driving around to post :D