Heat Exchanger

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Ians123

Post by Ians123 »

I bought a 2023 V3 58kWh Auto E boost Aurora Blue with Heat Pump, Tech M pack, Beats Audio and 20" Firestorm Alloys (with DCC) last week from Johnson Cars (CUPRA Preston) only to find on collection a warning light which turns out be a “coolant” fault the diagnostic check shows the car requires a new HEAT EXCHANGER which isn’t available and is on back order God knows when a replacement will appear. Anyone else experienced this problem?

Ians123

Post by Ians123 »

Ians123 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:25 pm I bought a 2023 V3 58kWh Auto E boost Lava Blue with Heat Pump, Tech M pack, Beats Audio and 20" Firestorm Alloys (with DCC) last week from Johnson Cars (CUPRA Preston) only to find on collection a warning light which turns out be a “coolant” fault the diagnostic check shows the car requires a new HEAT EXCHANGER which isn’t available and is on back order God knows when a replacement will appear. Anyone else experienced this problem?
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I've been on the ID3 and Born forums for 3 years and this is the first post I recall seeing re heat exchanger. Not much help I know but think it must be rare. Other than a leak or blockage there isn't much that can go wrong with a heat exchanger so would guess its more to do with the control side of the unit.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE