OVO Charge Anytime Smart Charge problems

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
stephens

Post by stephens »

Anyone else in UK having problems with failed scheduled charges using the OVO Charge Anyime app. Seems to have happened on average once in every three overnight charges since early December.

OVO are citing "Seat internal server errors affecting the MyCupra app" that have seen an upspike in reported problems, but have yet to provide clarification about when this will be resolved.

Anyone else experiencing problems, or received additional info from Cupra or OVO?

Thanks.

Toiletduck

Post by Toiletduck »

I've been on ovo charge anytime for exactly one week now on an ohme charger. I just use the ohme app to control it, no problems at all so far other than some error notifications from the cupra app about not being able to charge when it wanted to but it has worked fine.

It us a worry though as my commute is 90 miles a day and if the charge fails there wouldn't be enough.
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

What charger are you using?
I've been using Charge Anytime with my Cupra since April last year. I have an Indra charger, and have 'connected' it, rather than the Cupra, to Charge Anytime, and schedule my charging through the Indra app. I've not had a single failed charge yet (touch wood!).
Like Toiletduck, I do get spurious 'failed to start charging' messages from the My Cupra app, I guess because it wants to get going but the Indra won't until Charge Anytime says so.
stephens

Post by stephens »

Its a Hypervolt 2.0 charger, so I don't appear to have the option of connecting the OVO app to the charger rather than the vehicle as suggested above. I did have the vehicle connected to the app on 2 phones, so have deleted one app, more in hope than expectation. Members' insights and suggestions remain welcome.
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

I think OVO would prefer you control Charge Anytime via the charger rather than the car. Sadly, I see that OVO have added the Hypervolt 3 charger to their list of compatible models but not the 2.

A look at their My Smart Home web forum reveals folks having charging reliability issues across a wide variety of car makes, not just VAG.
That said, there don't seem to be lots of ID3/Cupra owners complaining, so you might get some useful input by posting a query there?
stephens

Post by stephens »

Hypervolt 2.0 is compatible - its just been superceded by the 3.0 Pro. Have cross-posted to the Ovo My Smart Home forum as recommended. Thanks MikeyB.
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

stephens wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:00 pm Hypervolt 2.0 is compatible - its just been superceded by the 3.0 Pro. Have cross-posted to the Ovo My Smart Home forum as recommended. Thanks MikeyB.
I can't find any evidence of this online, are you sure?
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue