Company Car - Lead/Delivery Times

All CUPRA Born related discussions
ixi

Post by ixi »

Rang them up today to ask for an update after your reply. They said the last update was the 2nd of November when the status changed to “on its way”. So they have built it, but it’s now makings it’s way to the UK and then however long the dealer takes to prep it for delivery. Anyone know the normal timeframe for this bit? Thanks all.

JurassicBorn

Post by JurassicBorn »

Mine arrived in the UK 23rd October and was at the dealer 27th. I could have collected by the 30th but chose 31st. They had a lot of cars going out due to month end and a weekend in between so possibly that timeframe could have been less at the dealer.
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh
2023 Porsche Boxster GTS 4.0
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
dickyp

Post by dickyp »

ixi wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:45 pm Rang them up today to ask for an update after your reply. They said the last update was the 2nd of November when the status changed to “on its way”. So they have built it, but it’s now makings it’s way to the UK and then however long the dealer takes to prep it for delivery. Anyone know the normal timeframe for this bit? Thanks all.
Well at least you know now it’s definitely on its way and the big milestone of it actually being made. Time frame appears to be down to which of the three ports it turns up at.

As I think I posted advised at port of exit 26/10 but advised date at dealer would be 29/11 so a very long ship from Germany through the port and onto Worcester dealer. Plus then pdi and delivery, so early/mid December for mine turning up.

However Santa may pull some strings….
£50 each if you use this link to sign up to Octopus - https://share.octopus.energy/cliff-teal-535
dickyp

Post by dickyp »

dickyp wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:48 pm
ixi wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:45 pm Rang them up today to ask for an update after your reply. They said the last update was the 2nd of November when the status changed to “on its way”. So they have built it, but it’s now makings it’s way to the UK and then however long the dealer takes to prep it for delivery. Anyone know the normal timeframe for this bit? Thanks all.
Well at least you know now it’s definitely on its way and the big milestone of it actually being made. Time frame appears to be down to which of the three ports it turns up at.

As I think I posted advised at port of exit 26/10 but advised date at dealer would be 29/11 so a very long ship from Germany through the port and onto Worcester dealer. Plus then pdi and delivery, so early/mid December for mine turning up.

However Santa may pull some strings….
To update on my experience - Car advised as above Port of Exit, update 04/12 will be at dealer 8/12. 6 weeks from Germany if it actually turns up.
£50 each if you use this link to sign up to Octopus - https://share.octopus.energy/cliff-teal-535
rsg444

Post by rsg444 »

ixi wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:29 pm I ordered with Zenith on the 9th of January and I'm still waiting, each month it just goes back a month. V2 Vapour Grey with Beats Audio.
Current date given to me is early December. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it seems to be a lot longer than most people in this thread.
I ordered with Zenith too, I ordered it in August 2022 with a delivery for May 23. Then it became June 23, then July 23, then August 23, then September 23, then late September 23, then early October 23. I finally got it in the last week of October this year.
ixi

Post by ixi »

rsg444 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:51 pm
ixi wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:29 pm I ordered with Zenith on the 9th of January and I'm still waiting, each month it just goes back a month. V2 Vapour Grey with Beats Audio.
Current date given to me is early December. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it seems to be a lot longer than most people in this thread.
I ordered with Zenith too, I ordered it in August 2022 with a delivery for May 23. Then it became June 23, then July 23, then August 23, then September 23, then late September 23, then early October 23. I finally got it in the last week of October this year.
Thanks for the info, I was beginning to feel like I was being picked on, but it took you over a year. Yesterday I received a mail saying it would now be late January 2024. So from them saying it was built and ready to ship on the 2nd of November to Late January arrival (maybe). 3 months for a built car to make its way from Germany! WOW! I'm fairly sure I could probably have pushed it to the UK from Germany in a shorter time period.
ixi

Post by ixi »

And the latest update, even though the car was in the country early December. They have now pushed the delivery date back again to February. This is really taking the shine off things for me,
ixi

Post by ixi »

Sorry, I know this is getting very boring now. Zenith have now pushed the date back to March. Car Built start of November, in the country December. 3 months to PDI it (if I'm lucky).
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

ixi wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:26 pm Sorry, I know this is getting very boring now. Zenith have now pushed the date back to March. Car Built start of November, in the country December. 3 months to PDI it (if I'm lucky).
That's either some serious red tape for your order or the car's had a big knock and needs a repair.

I've had over a dozen new VAG cars and they all come the same way - 1 to 3 weeks sat at Emden awaiting a ship, 1 day to hit the UK, a few days in customs clearance and 1 to 2 weeks to deliver to the dealership. PDI can be done in a day if the deslership's not busy, maybe a week's wait if it is e.g. March/Sep new plate days.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
ixi

Post by ixi »

So, they finally delivered it!!!! Ordered 9th January 2023 - Delivered 21st March 2024. Car was driven to me from a compound in Cambridge and had 36% Charge when it arrived. The car was muddy inside and even had mud under the carpet mats. The front alloys had sticker residue over them and the rear bumper had green slime in the parts that would retain water. The pleasant chap that delivered it was on his first delivery on his first day in the job and the first time he'd driven an electric car. So he was unable to tell me how anything worked, how to setup the app, registration etc. The outside of the car was reasonably dirty too. But after 15 months, I guess they were pretty sure I would take it regardless of condition. 5 Months to PDI it and still not enough time to give it a wash.

I love the car and now I've cleaned it inside and out, it even looks like a new one.