Passenger heating not working

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
MartinB138

Post by MartinB138 »

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I couldn't find anything the same from a quick search.

I've had my Cupra Born since December 2022 and the only thing that I've had real issues with is passenger heating. I'll try to provide as much info as possible.

So during the colder months when I'm driving with a passenger in the seat, we've noticed that there's no air blowing through the middle left vent (under the screen), and the passenger side vent does blow air but it's cold.
Meanwhile the middle right and driver side vent is blowing out warm air as you'd expect.

I've tried all manner of configuration but nothing will get either passenger side vent to blow out warm air.
If I set the temperature to LO then all 4 vents will start blowing cold air (not very useful in winter).

This is done with a passenger sat in the seat and the screen doesn't say ECO so it at least recognises that someone's sat there.

I notice that if I have the temperature set to 25C say, then the drivers side will say something like 86% reached, whereas the passenger side says 0%.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, and also wondering if I should send it in as a fault. It has been like this since I got it.

Cheers

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Sounds like a fault, considering the car recognises that you have a passenger.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
JBorn

Post by JBorn »

Hi Martin,

I stumbled across this diagram by pure chance tonight looking for something else, it may help you. It's from page 36-37 of https://cupratraininghub.com/assets/upl ... orn-EN.pdf

Based on this, if I was to hazard a guess, I would say it sounds like either a the red outlined servo is stuck or dead, or maybe a temperature sensor is gone? Assuming your vehicle is right hand drive...

Either way, definitely would be a warranty thing.

Cupra Born Climate System.png