Recalls and updates

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Gooneruk

Post by Gooneruk »

Hi, brought my born in July at 12 months and 3k miles from a vw main dealer, Marshalls in Letchworth, I've just visited my nearest cupra dealer in mk and found out there are 2 recalls, one for the bonnet catch and one for the battery, my details are on the system so vw have looked but not bothered doing the recalls, I'm told by cupra they should not have sold the car until these recalls were done, I'm not sure who I should contact about this, just leaving bad reviews doesn't seem enough, one recall is safety related and the other could leave me without a car for weeks, any ideas?, surely this has broken some kind of sale of goods act

JBorn

Post by JBorn »

Welcome to Cupra™️

On a more serious note... did you buy the car personally, or was it purchase through a business?

This changes which law applies... consumers are generally better protected under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (look up Section 9, 10 and 11).

Protection for business customers is generally a lot more complicated and relies on specific case law. One thing I will say though, is that there are plenty of examples of case law for businesses vs car dealerships, and also the bias is with the purchaser, because a car dealership is considered an "expert" in the field of dealing in vehicles so there is more responsibility on them to get the contract right.

You will definitely be covered by warranty for both recalls should they flag up an issue after a diagnosis, although I would wait until after the battery sealant issue is over before actually booking in for repair... I have mine going in for battery diagnostics tomorrow...

Trying to battle over who's fault it was would be fighting against a monster though, and a waste of your time, unless you have something end up going badly wrong. Although if enough people did it, maybe they would pull their finger out and approve a different battery sealant!

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... orn-recall
milkyway55

Post by milkyway55 »

They're not recalls, they are service bulletins. An important difference.
2023 Cupra Born, 77kWh eBoost, 5 seats, Aurora Blue, 19" Copper Typhoon, Pilot L + TPA, Tech L w/SAFE, AR-HUD.