Granny on IO?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Sounds like my Gran is on some kind of narcotic from the title 🤣
So I have a granny charger as a back up to my podpoint Solo and I test it periodically as a good Engineer would. The 13amp socket outlet that was originally for a PHEV sits next to the podpoint.
This was the first test since switching to IO and I plugged in but left the MK Masterseal switched off.
All ok up until that point. Car port light went white then flashed white and then solid red. I expected all of that. I had calculated the charge would be 4 hours on the granny and turned it on at 2335hrs.
All good the car started charging immediately.
Later before bed the charge stopped so looked at the Octopus app and found it had made a schedule despite not being via the Solo? The schedule is based I guess on 7kW charging and the schedule would not have allowed 80% at just less than 3kW.
I suspended scheduled charging in the app and the granny whizzed 🙄 through to 80%, great.
So here's the question. Does Octopus use a GPS location and notification from the car to know that the car is at home? Does anyone have experience of Octopus making a schedule when plugged into a public charger?
Good news is the granny is still good so back in the boot storage.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE