Anyone managed to order yet?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Has anyone had any level of discount from their dealership?

I have an ID3 204ps Life Pro Performance, and i'm very happy with it, but tempted by the 230ps e-boost Born as it's not currently available on the ID3. Just wondering if there's a blanket brick wall on discount from the RRP. Going for a test drive in teh 230ps variant on Thursday morning to appraise the differences between my ID3 and the Born 230ps.

Probably looking to order V2 or V3 230ps/58kWh, likely with Beats and nothing else - if i'm impressed with the increase in output. Colour wise, it'll be between the White, the Red or the Blue - can't see any compelling reason why the blue costs more than another metallic paint, its not a triple coat colour as far as i'm aware.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

pws7482

Post by pws7482 »

Hi I know Pentagon have an offer of £500 offer the born if you order during their special event in mid June. If they’re offering it then likely other dealers will be too. If I’m doubt put an offer through carwow.
Cupra Born Geyser Silver
V2 58kw Tech Pack L
Collection date 18/07/22
davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:19 pm Has anyone had any level of discount from their dealership?

I have an ID3 204ps Life Pro Performance, and i'm very happy with it, but tempted by the 230ps e-boost Born as it's not currently available on the ID3. Just wondering if there's a blanket brick wall on discount from the RRP. Going for a test drive in teh 230ps variant on Thursday morning to appraise the differences between my ID3 and the Born 230ps.

Probably looking to order V2 or V3 230ps/58kWh, likely with Beats and nothing else - if i'm impressed with the increase in output. Colour wise, it'll be between the White, the Red or the Blue - can't see any compelling reason why the blue costs more than another metallic paint, its not a triple coat colour as far as i'm aware.
I encountered a brick wall on both RRP and throwing free extras in. Although mine was at pre-order pricing which was a few thousand pounds cheaper than current prices anyway. I'm doubtful that you'll be able to negotiate much given how VW group have pretty much sold every car they're going to make for the next year or so.
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Another order update... Just got an email to say my car has arrived in the UK, and will take 10 days(!) to get to the dealer Presumably they are carrying it on some sort of sedan chair.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
DarrylW

Post by DarrylW »

Placed an order Monday 30th May - V3 58 kWh e-Boost. Vapor Grey, Blizzard Alloys, Tech pack M, Pan Roof, Cargo Pack & Beats Audio.

First dealership told me that they were expecting deliveries for August which sounded a bit ambitious to me. They also gave me a pretty insulting trade-in value for my current car, so it was a no go.

The second dealership, which I ordered from, has told me realistically with the options I have chosen I'm looking at January. Hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised, but either way I think I'm in for quite a wait!
Order Date: 30/05/2022
Est Delivery: November/December 2022

Cupra Born V3 58 kWh E-Boost | Vapor Grey | 20" Blizzard Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Tech-M | Beats Audio | Cargo Pack
Liamy321

Post by Liamy321 »

KEV1L wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:08 am Another order update... Just got an email to say my car has arrived in the UK, and will take 10 days(!) to get to the dealer Presumably they are carrying it on some sort of sedan chair.
Out of interest... How long did your take to leave the factory from its build date? Mine was confirmed week 21 (23rd May) but I still haven't heard anything from the dealership. Stuck in build code 20 since then.
Get £50 account credit when you switch to Octopus energy using this link! https://share.octopus.energy/dawn-puma-140

Get £15 account credit in the Bonnet app with my code R347RK!

Cupra Born V2 58Kwh 204 PS | Aroura Blue | Skyline Pack | Tech (M) Pack
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Don’t know the build week but was end of April. Came out of the factory, 18th may, landed in uk today
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

Liamy321 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:04 pm
Out of interest... How long did your take to leave the factory from its build date? Mine was confirmed week 21 (23rd May) but I still haven't heard anything from the dealership. Stuck in build code 20 since then.
From the ID3 forums, cars have been in build anywhere from 1 to like 30+ weeks. By the looks of things the factory has been much faster recently so I'm hoping 4 or less.

Mine is confirmed week 23 (this week) so it will be interesting to compare
Liamy321

Post by Liamy321 »

KEV1L wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:26 pm Don’t know the build week but was end of April. Came out of the factory, 18th may, landed in uk today

That's reassuring. Hoping to get a call soon-ish then. I'm expecting the usual 4 weeks to delivery from leaving the factory but didn't know it could take that long to get through build. I just assumed they had the parts ready and it flies through!

davmatjo wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:26 pm
Liamy321 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:04 pm
From the ID3 forums, cars have been in build anywhere from 1 to like 30+ weeks. By the looks of things the factory has been much faster recently so I'm hoping 4 or less.

Mine is confirmed week 23 (this week) so it will be interesting to compare

I'm certainly hoping it won't be 30 weeks! Although I know over there some others don't even have a provisional build week and they ordered last year! My dealership reckons 2-3 weeks currently but they don't sound too confident. It would definitely be interesting to compare. What trim and options have you gone for?
Get £50 account credit when you switch to Octopus energy using this link! https://share.octopus.energy/dawn-puma-140

Get £15 account credit in the Bonnet app with my code R347RK!

Cupra Born V2 58Kwh 204 PS | Aroura Blue | Skyline Pack | Tech (M) Pack
davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

Yes 30 was a bit of an exaggeration, that mainly happened for ID.3 orders for the max and tour trims that were heavily affected by the chip shortage. I think they were sitting outside the factory in a field for months on end waiting for chip deliveries. 2-3 weeks is what I'd like to see, but could end up being a little optimistic.

My order is for the V2 58kWh in Vapor Grey with Tech M and Cargo Pack.

If I'd have realised the default trim doesn't come with rear speakers I probably would have gone for the Beats audio pack too but can't do anything about that now.