Possible new Born owner

All CUPRA Born related discussions
ah9999

Post by ah9999 »

I test drove a Born v2 today, I was impressed.

As an early EV adopter, I'm familiar with driving electric cars and currently own a BMW i4 40e and BMW i3 (2nd one) ..... it's the i3 the Born will likely replace.

Post test drive I scan read the manual, any help with the following would be much appreciated:

1. I tend to have navigation maps configured 2d, North Up with no auto zoom.....I can get 2d, North Up but couldn't work out how to disable auto zoom?

2. I'm used to rtti traffic showing on maps with yellow and red roads highlighted when there's an issue. I couldn't get the yellow and red showing on the test drive (car was in online mode) but the manual states this should work. With an active navigation route, will the car auto route you around problems or do you have to do this manually by clicking the road issue icon?

3. Probably my bad reading the manual too quickly......is there a Usb A in the front for a USB music source?

4. I'm assuming it's a factory build, I'm being advised September delivery.....does this sound realistic?

Side note, the specification I'm looking to order:

- Born v2 58 kWh 230 Auto e-Boost
- Aurora Blue
- 19" Typhoon Alloy Wheels with Copper Details
- Panaoramic Roof
- Cargo Pack
- Dynamic Package
- Tech Pack (L)
- Beats Audio

Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Glad to see another i4 e 40 owner here! My wife has a loan V2 Born while we wait for her very late delivery of her V3 77kw variant.

Only USB type C. You'll need to use an adapter.

I hear 7 months is typical wait from order subject to congested shipping.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
ah9999

Post by ah9999 »

Thank you.

My wife loves the i3, if they were still being produced I'd just buy another one.

To the i4, it really is very very good......I've also owned a couple of Tesla's, the i4 has really caught up and delivered a quality experience.

USB C is fine, as you state I can either adapt or look for a USB C drive.

Any ideas 're 1 & 2, with i4 experience you'll know exactly what I'm trying to achieve ;)
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

ah9999 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:37 pm Thank you.

My wife loves the i3, if they were still being produced I'd just buy another one.

To the i4, it really is very very good......I've also owned a couple of Tesla's, the i4 has really caught up and delivered a quality experience.

USB C is fine, as you state I can either adapt or look for a USB C drive.

Any ideas 're 1 & 2, with i4 experience you'll know exactly what I'm trying to achieve ;)
Friend, sadly I'm going to hospital at the weekend but I'll have a rummage in wife's Born.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

No visual indication of level of traffic just option to be notified of avoiding congestion as far as I can see.