Cupra Born Sound

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Though an electric car produces zero emissions, it can still generate an infinite number of emotions. This is the case of the CUPRA Born, the brand’s first 100% electric model, which not only delivers excitement through its design, but also through its sound. The CUPRA team has designed an exclusive sound that has now been released for the first time.

By not having a combustion engine, electric cars barely produce sound by themselves. For this reason, the European Union stipulates that all electric vehicles must make an AVAS (Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System) sound when traveling at less than 20 km/h in order to alert pedestrians and other road users. In the case of the Born, its sound is clearly perceptible beyond 40 km/h. This acoustic novelty is part of the revolution of the car set to be the impulse of the company’s electric transformation, according to Labate: “the CUPRA Born is a new hero for a new generation, a gamechanger in its segment.” And its sound had to reinforce this essence. Sangalli describes it as “super emotional, it has this luminous and metallic things, just like the car”.

The AVAS of the Born was designed using four key materials for the CUPRA brand: stone, copper, wood and carbon fibre. The city of Barcelona also played an important role in giving the car its character: “The CUPRA Born has the purpose to highlight the spirit that comes from Barcelona, and it’s something that combines perfectly this with the unexpected emotion when you drive” says Labate. “this car represents the perfect match between performance and electrification” he adds.

bomberman72

Post by bomberman72 »

Wow, that sounds surprisingly smooth. Almost like a small jet in the distance. I think a lot of electric cars are looking to become more silent/smooth when it comes to the sound of the engine.

It is nuts thinking back, I would never have thought I would see such cars in my lifetime.