Odd software behaviour

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Coming from an ID.3 odd software behaviour doesn't phase me, but in the first week of Born ownership despite finding the infotainment unit overall nicer to use, 3.1 doesn't seem as stable as 2.4! All I want to do is set everything up to how we like it and then not interact with it much and use CarPlay, as we did with the ID.3.

Im still refining settings and have noticed that while the ID.3 used to be predicable in how the seat and steering wheel heating would behave depending on the temperature when setting off on a journey, the Born is not as straight forward.

The Born's concept of learning driver behaviour with the seat heating and once it's learned it will go into auto mode. I guess we haven't had the car long enough to see that in action yet, but can anybody vouch for it actually working as you'd expect?

Also we get an annoyingly hot steering wheel on cold days when starting a journey, despite me having turned the relevant setting off for that to happen. I like the idea of the infotainment volume being automatically reduced if you open a door so was pleased to see a setting to enable that in volume settings. It works fine when I change the setting and test it, but the car subsequently forgets the setting and doesn't reduce volume next time. Any views as to whether these are bugs or operator error?

Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

Welcome to the Born 😂

All the things you mention have happened to me as well… bugs everywhere it seems (or sloppy programming combined with German way of decision making?)
Cupra Born since ‘22
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Nacaduct wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:27 pm Welcome to the Born 😂

All the things you mention have happened to me as well… bugs everywhere it seems (or sloppy programming combined with German way of decision making?)
I would say VW incompetence rather than a German trait. Germany make other amazing EVs.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

First bug so far after picking mine up a week ago: yesterday I parked, locked the car with the fob, walked away. Came back an hour later and lo and behold, the driver's side daytime running light and parking lights were on. But neither on the other side. When I unlocked the doors, the mirrors didn't fold down either. Ehhhhh.

Had to manually toggle the mirrors for them to go down again.
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

It’s a shame, because the car itself is really good and a pleasure driving, but software is such an integral part of cars these days, VW really should get their shit together.
Cupra Born since ‘22
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Nacaduct wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:33 pm It’s a shame, because the car itself is really good and a pleasure driving, but software is such an integral part of cars these days, VW really should get their shit together.
For a laugh, look up all the articles about the drama going on at VW's recently minted software division, Cariad. Its failure so far is what led to Herbert Diess getting fired.

That said, the current 3.1 software is miles ahead of what the first ID's were shipped with. And people shouldn't expect miracles from an automotive version of the 6-year old smartphone CPU (Snapdragon 820) that runs the entertainment system.
Deleted User 490

Completely agree that it’s a lot better than it was. I got in at version 2.1, going offline for a few days was the most annoying issue amongst various erroneous error messages, plus we all know how random the OTA updates are. With the Born, maybe if I carry on turning the steering wheel heater off and the open door/volume reduction on it will eventually learn that’s how I want it 🙂
WoT

Post by WoT »

Elea4 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:46 pm First bug so far after picking mine up a week ago: yesterday I parked, locked the car with the fob, walked away. Came back an hour later and lo and behold, the driver's side daytime running light and parking lights were on. But neither on the other side. When I unlocked the doors, the mirrors didn't fold down either. Ehhhhh.

the thing about the parking light on one side - used to be a feature of VW and BMW that the "parking lights" were set by leaving the indicator running, then locking the car. I wonder if the Born has that?
58kwh v2 Dec 22
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

WoT wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:54 pm
Elea4 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:46 pm First bug so far after picking mine up a week ago: yesterday I parked, locked the car with the fob, walked away. Came back an hour later and lo and behold, the driver's side daytime running light and parking lights were on. But neither on the other side. When I unlocked the doors, the mirrors didn't fold down either. Ehhhhh.

the thing about the parking light on one side - used to be a feature of VW and BMW that the "parking lights" were set by leaving the indicator running, then locking the car. I wonder if the Born has that?
Good catch! Thanks.

Maybe I inadvertently left the signal indicator switched on when leaving the vehicle.

"Parking light
The parking lights will only work with the igni-
tion off. If said light is on, an audible warning
will sound while the driver door is open.

● Switch the ignition off.
● Move the turn signal lever up or down.

When the parking light is switched on, the
front side light and the tail light on the corre-
sponding side of the vehicle turn on"

btw the 2022 Born manual is now online:

https://www.cupraofficial.com/content/d ... glish).pdf
Deleted User 490

Is it worth reporting apparent bugs to Cupra or try and get support? Mine continues to change/forget settings for steering wheel heating and infotainment volume reduction when opening doors. it remembers the setting for volume reduction when parking though. I’ve sent an email to cupradigitalsupport@cupraofficial.com, see if they’re as effective as the ID equivalent :roll: