Full range

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

When heating or cooling the car, using air recirculation has a big positive impact - don't expend all that energy immediately heating or cooling the car then immediately dump it and heat/cool some more.

Maintaining 22C in the cabin? That's toasty, 17C is plenty for me. If its a cold but sunny day, you might get some "greenhouse" type cabin warming see less reliance on the heater too that just doesn't happen on a cloudy day.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:25 am When heating or cooling the car, using air recirculation has a big positive impact - don't expend all that energy immediately heating or cooling the car then immediately dump it and heat/cool some more.

Maintaining 22C in the cabin? That's toasty, 17C is plenty for me. If its a cold but sunny day, you might get some "greenhouse" type cabin warming see less reliance on the heater too that just doesn't happen on a cloudy day.
I agree with the cabin temperatures on a Sunny day. It seems even on a really cold day there is enough solar gain through the glass that you can all but turn heating off and the cabin is still warm.
The problem I find with recirc, although your point is true, is that you are continuously adding moisture to the air from your lungs. The RH increases and the condensing point temperature on the glass increases and the glass mists up and won't clear. So you could run AC to dehumidify but that requires energy.
I have tried combinations of recirc with windows cracked open but it never works for me.
I would be interested to know if the recirc is 100% or if there is a bleed of outside air like building AC systems to achieve a statutory air change rate.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Daveion wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:51 am

I would be interested to know if the recirc is 100% or if there is a bleed of outside air like building AC systems to achieve a statutory air change rate.
It'll be a partial ingress to maintain a decent level of O2 with minimal CO2 build up, given there's probably only about 8m3 of air in the car. I'd guess the change rate of air to be 1/3 of normal when recirculating, given the operational savings when putting recirc on.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

Ice o wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:52 pm Thanks for the feedback 😀
What's your opinion on 100% charge vs the 80% the car tells you..believe its saves the battery life, but does it really
I worked in the battery industry for 10+ years. Yes, it definitely prolongs the battery life and if you can do it without inconveniencing yourself absolutely you should. I had a Tesla for a while and regularly people would debate batteries and throw around a lot of misinformation in the various forums. In the end I wrote an article to try and help, it's aimed at Tesla owners but the bulk of what I wrote applies equally to the Born and other electric vehicles. If you fancy a read: https://teslaowners.org.uk/guides/what- ... a-use-them
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Great article, thanks for sharing @Born2Ride, will be more enthusiastic about good battery care practice now 👍
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Great article. Many Thanks.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE