Side mirrors fold down reverse (except not)

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
lordon

Post by lordon »

Any one has this problem where when you tick this option, literally nothing happens when you reverse? Do you need to have specific app for this? If so why it lets me turn it on??

Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

It'll be the same as the iD.3, you have to flick the mirror selector on the door to 'L' and then the passenger side mirror will dip when reverse is selected.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

My car periodically forgets its dip in reverse settings, so you flick it to L and nothing - reverts about once a fortnight.

That issue aside, its annoying that if you don't touch the mirror toggle switch, the car can't remember you last left it in L between ignition cycles.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

Just tried to setup the mirror dip, and it works when in reverse, but oddly doesn’t seem to go back to normal when going back to ‘D/B’. Aaaah, the technology!!! 😅
Cupra Born since ‘22
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

Nacaduct wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:13 am Just tried to setup the mirror dip, and it works when in reverse, but oddly doesn’t seem to go back to normal when going back to ‘D/B’. Aaaah, the technology!!! 😅
If it's the same as the Golf, you need to drive forward at more than 5kph before it returns.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
lordon

Post by lordon »

Blackeunos wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:32 pm It'll be the same as the iD.3, you have to flick the mirror selector on the door to 'L' and then the passenger side mirror will dip when reverse is selected.
ok so it lowers 1 mirror at a time which is the one you select? I must of done this but didn't move, I will double check again.

That issue aside, the settings not saving for the car, its annoying i have to setup few things everytime i am in car :cry:
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

Hi,

I can confirm that it works in mine, meaning, I have to select "R" on the mirror selector (mine is LHD), but when I select "R" drive the mirror goes up and outside direction instead of going down and inside direction... :D
So, it's completely useless... it's even worse than not doing anything.

And sometimes it returns to the normal position as soon as I select "D/B" and sometimes it doesn't...

Welcome to the tribe :)
CUPRA Born Aurora Blue 58kWh