Getting excited!

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Due to collect my Born tomorrow!

Anything to look out for from those who have collected theirs? Any common problems to watch out for, or check before leaving the dealer? What should I expect coming from an iD.3 Life Pro spec?

- I know about checking for the transport blocks in the front shocks.
- I've checked with the dealer and he said the mats are included, so not going to get shafted for those.
- I might have a go at setting up the app before I leave the dealer, but I should be able to do that myself at home.
- pretty confident it should be on 3.0, but will have a look at that as well.

It's on the 19" Typhoons, so what should come with that? Is there a jack and tool kit, or a can of gunk/inflator?
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Blackeunos wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:06 pm Due to collect my Born tomorrow!

Anything to look out for from those who have collected theirs? Any common problems to watch out for, or check before leaving the dealer? What should I expect coming from an iD.3 Life Pro spec?

- I know about checking for the transport blocks in the front shocks.
- I've checked with the dealer and he said the mats are included, so not going to get shafted for those.
- I might have a go at setting up the app before I leave the dealer, but I should be able to do that myself at home.
- pretty confident it should be on 3.0, but will have a look at that as well.

It's on the 19" Typhoons, so what should come with that? Is there a jack and tool kit, or a can of gunk/inflator?
On 19" tyres, you won't get a pump and gunk as the tyres will be self sealing. Check the gaps between the bodywork and the sill extensions at the back end of the sill extensions, just beyond the bottom of the back doors. Easy fix, but the gaps were huge on the driver's side of the wife's Aurora Blue Born.

The bodywork felt like frosted glass too, because it had so much fallout stuck to it, even though the bodywork looked fine - only found that out the first time I washed it, because the door handles felt smooth.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565