Front View Camera

All CUPRA Born related discussions
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

Does anyone know if the front view camera is only standard as part of the V3 trim?

I’ve got the V2, and have noticed when activating the front parking sensors there’s a black screen where the reversing camera image would appear?
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack

Stuffygibbon

Post by Stuffygibbon »

I test drove a v3 and it wasn't on that. The dealer said the 360 camera option isn't available currently due to part shortages. I'd think you'd only get the front camera with that pack but i'm not sure.
Born V2 with Tech pack L - Glacial White
davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

The reversing camera is standard on all models, extra cameras are part of the Pilot (L) pack which gives the 360 camera. The Pilot (L) pack I believe can be ordered as someone on here said their dealer called head office to get permission to add it, but it is not advertised as an option due to shortages and if you want it you will likely be waiting over a year to get a car with it.

The car does come with front and back ultrasound sensors though as standard, so whilst it isn't ideal you can certainly make do.
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

Stuffygibbon wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:18 am I test drove a v3 and it wasn't on that. The dealer said the 360 camera option isn't available currently due to part shortages. I'd think you'd only get the front camera with that pack but i'm not sure.
Yep, dealer rep here said the same thing. 360 view will be offered from MY 23, according to rep.
Cupra Born since ‘22
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Factory workers in Zwickau are on holiday from 25.07. - 15.08 during which time there will be minimal staffing and the tooling/lines will be updated for the 2023 model year.

Various sources claim that Borns with Travel Assist and the 360 degree camera option will be begin being built shortly after that during the the 34th & 35th calendar weeks.

So far no changes for the 2023 Born are expected or known.

(fwiw approx. 1183 ID.3's with Travel Assist and 360 cameras have been built for the German market so far. Here you can track the weekly production of various ID models and said options: https://meinid.artursterz.de/ )