V3 memory seats?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Will_P

Post by Will_P »

Hello,

New here, I'm hoping someone might be able to answer this. Making the switch to electric, and I test drove a Born at the weekend and was really impressed. Certainly on my shortlist.

I know the V3 trim gets electric seats, but I've seen mixed messages on whether or not they have a memory function. There's no dedicated button that I could see, to store/recall positions, but the dealer mentioned that it is possible via the app and/or with driver profiles, which in turn can be registered to each key.

Can anyone confirm this? My wife and I have very different driving positions, and we'd both be driving the car on a daily basis, so I'd really like the seats to start moving when the car is unlocked with the appropriate key. Has anyone managed to configure that? Does it work well? Or do you have to find the option in the infotainment every time you want to recall the position?

Thanks!

Will.

Stuffygibbon

Post by Stuffygibbon »

I’m not aware anyone has a v3 yet. You’re best bet might be to go to your local dealer and test it out. The one I test drove was a v3.

I was told by the dealer that it ‘should’ remember and adjust automatically depending on the user. He also told me I had the upgraded 19” wheels on my v2 but they were the standard ones fitted to all v2s.
Born V2 with Tech pack L - Glacial White
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

The car I test drove had electric seats. I specifically asked the salesman if they had a memory function and he confirmed that they did. However I didn't get into checking it out and I haven't been able to find any mention of it in the user manual PDF.
I won't get my V3 car until October at the earliest so I'm interested in a definitive reply to your question.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
Will_P

Post by Will_P »

Thanks both - I hadn't realised the V3 spec was so new that nobody actually has one yet! It was a V3 that I tested, but didn't quite have time to try sorting out the app etc. I don't know if I'll have a chance to get back to the dealership but will let you know if I do.
Will_P

Post by Will_P »

Thanks both - I hadn't realised the V3 spec was so new that nobody actually has one yet! @alanjs same for me, didn't quite have time to try sorting out the app etc. I don't know if I'll have a chance to get back to the dealership but will let you know if I do.
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Memory seats aren't possible in any of the current models as there's no data bus connection (same as on the earlier ID.3). That dealer is clearly mistaken.

Some intrepid owners have transplanted ID.4 seats in their ID.3, added the data connection to the seats and did the appropriate OBD11 coding:

https://www.meinid.com/thread/1399-id-3 ... y-vom-id4/
Last edited by Elea4 on Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Shame we can’t see the pictures, added memory seats to my last car but it wasn’t the easiest thing I’ve done.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

It looks like wiring hell.

5EACD344-2DED-4F29-8F1A-3D0538831B37.JPG

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Thanks, looking at that it’s just missing can high/low and coding, I did exactly the same to my last Audi, unfortunately on the born 2 the seats have no motors or wiring so it would mean retrofitting 3 seats.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey