Primary User Profile

All CUPRA Born related discussions
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Does everyone else have to press ‘OK’ on the head unit every time they get in the car to confirm that they are the ‘primary user’. Surely there must be a way to stop it asking me? It’s infuriating as the rest of the features don’t work until you press OK.

It’s my car, just assume it’s me unless I tell you otherwise!
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Unfortunately yes.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

It's so annoying, i'm thinking of reverting to no primary users. The only real advantage I can see is being able to put the aircon on remotely when you have a 10 mins walk back to the car on a hot day, or perhaps monitoring battery SoC for the car the other half is using, to know whether he/she is going to leave you with the car and bugger all charge tomorrow, so you can decide to charge it tonight.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

KEV1L wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:42 pm Does everyone else have to press ‘OK’ on the head unit every time they get in the car to confirm that they are the ‘primary user’. Surely there must be a way to stop it asking me? It’s infuriating as the rest of the features don’t work until you press OK.

I will have to look what mine actually says but within the first 10 minutes of a journey it repeatedly asks if I want to confirm the account changes when I'm not even aware I have made any 😂
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Yeah, had that too, and it kept reverting the air con to 22deg. I *think* it’s when the app settings differs to the car and it’s trying to say “no look, I know you’re hot, but kev wanted these settings”. So annoying.
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Betty W wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:19 pm Unfortunately yes.
Grrr. I don’t have one yet, but are there any options for it in the obd11 stuff?
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:49 pm It's so annoying, i'm thinking of reverting to no primary users. The only real advantage I can see is being able to put the aircon on remotely when you have a 10 mins walk back to the car on a hot day, or perhaps monitoring battery SoC for the car the other half is using, to know whether he/she is going to leave you with the car and bugger all charge tomorrow, so you can decide to charge it tonight.
Was the ID.3 the same?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

KEV1L wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:46 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:49 pm It's so annoying, i'm thinking of reverting to no primary users. The only real advantage I can see is being able to put the aircon on remotely when you have a 10 mins walk back to the car on a hot day, or perhaps monitoring battery SoC for the car the other half is using, to know whether he/she is going to leave you with the car and bugger all charge tomorrow, so you can decide to charge it tonight.
Was the ID.3 the same?
Nope. Never asked me about accounts on start up, and the other aspects just worked. Didn't alter my last aircon settings either - I get the default back to 22C too.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
SilverCupra

Post by SilverCupra »

KEV1L wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:42 pm Does everyone else have to press ‘OK’ on the head unit every time they get in the car to confirm that they are the ‘primary user’. Surely there must be a way to stop it asking me? It’s infuriating as the rest of the features don’t work until you press OK.

Did anyone ever solve this..

It is a real PIA to select OK every time the car is used, and I often forget and it must default to something else, and it then doesn't connect to my phone.

Really annoying when the phone then rings and you can't answer the call as it is not set to 'primary user' and paired to my phone :-)

As KEV1L says, surely it is possible to default it to the primary user ?
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Geysor Silver
Benjo88

Post by Benjo88 »

Me too, i hope this gets an update soon. Very frustrating.
Cupra Born | V1 | Tech L Pack | Greyser Silver | Newcastle (North East|