App still offline

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Stevo1903

Post by Stevo1903 »

Yes mine was also still offline on the App. After turning off in the car and then on again all seems to be working again!
72 plate | V2 | 58Kwh | Tech L pack | Vapour Grey

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

👍
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

Its just tosh.
Charged mine to 100% a few nights ago (a rare event), because I had a long trip to make next morning.
Sat there telling me 100% with a range of 149 miles. Useless. It's just sucks as an app
The range when I got in the car was 289
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

It certainly is flakey! I’ve found that by initiating the app > server > car communication chain by starting the aircon from the app, the range estimate re-syncs. Why it gets out of sync I have no idea, but you’d think it could be fixed quite easily.
BORN SPURS

Post by BORN SPURS »

I raised the question about the app saying offline with Cupra, below are two replies from them.

Thank you for your message.
We are truly sorry for any inconveniences you have encountered.
Please, start the vehicle in a place with good cover, it will reactivate the communication between the servers and the app should work.
Kindly let us know if the issue was resolved after following our recommendations.

Well that did not work so they sent another one:-

We are sorry to hear that your problem still persists.
Please, try to toggle the Privacy settings OFF then ON in the Infotainment System.
If it still does not solve your problem, kindly perform a factory reset and try the enrollment process again.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience.

I have not tried the last one yet, but will do tomorrow and will update. For me It would be a last resort doing a factory reset, enrollment and licence downloads again. I have read enough about factory resets and what can happen. There was enough trouble at the dealership getting all that done in the first instance without problems.
Deleted User 425

Post by Deleted User 425 »

Good luck with doing it, having done this (several times before) mine works for a while then plays up again! Welcome to the tread mill that is the flaky Cupra Born infotainment software. Wish Cupra would take responsibility for this and sort it out!!!!!!!
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

I have binned the app.
I set the charge level on the infotainment screen and just initiate a charge from my Zappi charger.

I mentioned the issues on the Seat UK Facebook page, as they were heavily pushing their 'Apps'.

That post got deleted pretty quick :roll:
BORN SPURS

Post by BORN SPURS »

Okay, as I said in the previuous post, I was going to try again today.
Miracle of miracles, when I turned on the app this morning, the app had just re set itself back to normal on ii's own, and now does not show it's in offline mode!
This is just ridiculous. I did nothing on the second set of instructions...lol
It had been showing offline for about 3 weeks until this morning.
I wonder if the app resetting itself had something to do with my complaint.
Anyway it's just gone back to normal.
Hopefully this doesn't happen again because there is no rhyme or reason to it.
BORN SPURS

Post by BORN SPURS »

Stevolution wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:46 pm I have binned the app.
I set the charge level on the infotainment screen and just initiate a charge from my Zappi charger.

I mentioned the issues on the Seat UK Facebook page, as they were heavily pushing their 'Apps'.

That post got deleted pretty quick :roll:
Well it's like evrything in life these days, they are the puppet masters, we are the puppets. How long is a piece of string!
Glad mine just started working, though.

I pressed on the store button in the car the other day. Saw that Seat are offering me something for 30 quid that I already have installed as part of my package until 2025!

All the best for the new year - HOPEFULLY.
daern

Post by daern »

BORN AGAIN wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:11 pm I pressed on the store button in the car the other day. Saw that Seat are offering me something for 30 quid that I already have installed as part of my package until 2025!
Out of interest, what was it?