Salary Sacrifice Lease

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Dewindoeth

Post by Dewindoeth »

Hello,
I’m able to order the Born via work scheme but would like people’s opinions if it sounds a good deal or not. Never had a brand new car before, leased, or PCP etc just purchased second hand cars outright so not sure what people would be paying on a monthly basis.
The spec is a standard 58Kwh Born V3 e-boost with 20” Blizzard copper wheels.
I’ts £490 per month for 48 months with an annual mileage of 17.5k.
This also includes, insurance, servicing, breakdown and tyres. Does this sound like a good deal? I could get the V1 at just over £400 but thought, if I’m going to get one, might as well get the top model and enjoy it!
Thanks

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Compare it to PCP values and add in your insurance costs for the PCP comparison. I'm sure it'll be quite a bit cheaper. I'd stick to 36 months lease if I were you - I'd hate to be leasing beyond warranty, because if there is a big bill due to failure, its your bill. If its important to you, you'll be missing out on employers pension contributions from the equivalent wage you're losing.

One thing to consider with the V3 - the ride. Those 20" wheels might give a harsh ride, especially for those not use to hot hatch type firm rides. I didn't like the look of the 20" wheels (plastic inserts), and the electric adjustment on the seat didn't bother me, so I went for the V2 e-boost instead.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Dewindoeth

Post by Dewindoeth »

Thanks monkeyhanger, some sound advice there.
PCP seems a lot more expensive from what I’ve found. Luckily it won’t affect my pension and maintenance including repairs is included so I would of thought that it would not matter if the manufacturers warranty has ran out as I will still be on the scheme!
Might be wrong though, will certainly look into that.
Thanks