Anyone got an e-boost yet?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I have a V2 E-Boost reserved, subject to taking a local test drive this Saturday and wanting to upgrade my ID3 204ps Life. It'll be available next weekend to pick up if I don't back out.

The ID3 in sports mode annoyingly behaves like it is in B mode (regen as soon as you lift off the accelerator, even if you're in D mode) - can anyone in an E-Boost confirm that when running Cupra mode, the car behaves like it's in B mode even when its in D mode? I think that would annoy me a lot.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

DarrylW

Post by DarrylW »

Only speaking from my short test drive of an e-Boost, and haven't driven the ID3, but using Cupra mode didn't apply the same regen as B mode. B mode is a very noticeable slow-down when you lift off the accelerator, whereas I don't remember much (certainly not significant) braking being applied when lifting off in the Cupra/Sport modes
Order Date: 30/05/2022
Est Delivery: November/December 2022

Cupra Born V3 58 kWh E-Boost | Vapor Grey | 20" Blizzard Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Tech-M | Beats Audio | Cargo Pack
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

DarrylW wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:49 am Only speaking from my short test drive of an e-Boost, and haven't driven the ID3, but using Cupra mode didn't apply the same regen as B mode. B mode is a very noticeable slow-down when you lift off the accelerator, whereas I don't remember much (certainly not significant) braking being applied when lifting off in the Cupra/Sport modes
That's good to know, and i'll confirm on my Saturday test drive that isn't too far away! I am hoping that it doesn't do as the ID3 in Sport mode - It makes no sense at all to have B type regen forced upon you when you're in D mode, but for whatever reason, the ID3 does exactly that.

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:48 am
DarrylW wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:49 am Only speaking from my short test drive of an e-Boost, and haven't driven the ID3, but using Cupra mode didn't apply the same regen as B mode. B mode is a very noticeable slow-down when you lift off the accelerator, whereas I don't remember much (certainly not significant) braking being applied when lifting off in the Cupra/Sport modes
That's good to know, and i'll confirm on my Saturday test drive that isn't too far away! I am hoping that it doesn't do as the ID3 in Sport mode - It makes no sense at all to have B type regen forced upon you when you're in D mode, but for whatever reason, the ID3 does exactly that.
Your car looks better than my one lol.
Just my luck.
Dave
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

You've sat in my car, that's more than i've done with it! :lol:

It will be mine on Wednesday!