40 cars available now on auto trader!

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Streetbeef

Post by Streetbeef »

Hi all, I've been browsing the forum for a while now and just registered today. We have a standard v2 on order which we had a deposit on since January. We were promised one of the 500 initial cars before all the Ukraine issues happened. However, with people receiving build dates of last week, to my amazement, there are 40 various borns for sale available NOW for delivery on autotrader. V1 V2 AND V3 with various spec levels. Does anyone know what the hell is going on and where these have mysteriously appeared from? Kind of a bit annoyed as we thought we were going to be one of the lucky first 500. Appears not. :(

RichT

Post by RichT »

Yes it's astounding. There seems to be a mix of dealer showroom cars and new stock available (and order now for September).
My own dealer is showing in stock a V1,V2, and V3 in vapor grey (so same as I ordered on 26th March).

Clearly the rumoured pre-build for the UK was true but Cupra have decided not to offer those to customers who ordered before 1st April at the lower price.
But if you ordered after 1st April you may as well search Autotrader for a new Born which matches your spec.
58 kWh V2 in vapor grey with pan roof and heat pump
Asabea

Post by Asabea »

Unbelievable. So much for Cupra looking out for those who expressed early interest.

I ordered in March and don’t even have a confirmed build date yet.
RichT

Post by RichT »

I had a quick scan through the new Borns in Autotrader. - they are all saying available in June, so the same batch.
Mostly they are standard V1,V2,V3s with TechL pack.
There are some e-Boost models and a couple of 77 kWh versions (which I though would be a long time coming).

I wonder if any of us ordering early would have got one these if our spec. matched?
Perhaps that is why KEV1L is expecting delivery in the same time frame?
58 kWh V2 in vapor grey with pan roof and heat pump
ijharrison

Post by ijharrison »

I ordered the 77kWh with L pack only got a factory accepted but this version is available on autotrader minus the heat pump which is no big deal. Not sure what to do now waiting for dealer to call me back.
jlstxi

Post by jlstxi »

I would take all these with a pinch of salt. If it really bothers then shaft them as its the only thing that would negatively affect them. Also tell every Tom dick and harry. After all it’s only a car. Personally I’ll wait until my original expected date then review.
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

RichT wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:00 pm I had a quick scan through the new Borns in Autotrader. - they are all saying available in June, so the same batch.
Mostly they are standard V1,V2,V3s with TechL pack.
There are some e-Boost models and a couple of 77 kWh versions (which I though would be a long time coming).

I wonder if any of us ordering early would have got one these if our spec. matched?
Perhaps that is why KEV1L is expecting delivery in the same time frame?
Yeah, I was told by the dealer he had a hunch my order had matched one of the ‘stock’ cars going through the factory, if that’s the case I’ve just been very lucky. My order is a V2 with tech-M. I’ve had confirmation my car is ‘in production’ but won’t get any further info until it leaves the factory. I’m expecting it to arrive mid-June. I’d be VERY annoyed if I was sat waiting for a car when there was free stock available, especially if I’d locked in the pre-order discount. But I’ll believe it when it arrives, until then I’m just hoping I’m the lucky one.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I think dealers have pre-ordered all their allocation regardless of whether they have customers for them or not, then list on Auto Trader etc.
No actual car available yet, but on order with CUPRA.

Its something thats started to happen over the last 18 months or so with such a high demand for new cars and low availability they are almost guaranteed to shift them with no discounts.

Previously it was a risk as dealer stock often had to be discounted so they rarely did it.