Beats Audio

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Pederb

Post by Pederb »

Have anyone heard the Beats Sound System yet?
-2023 Cupra Born 77kW with Beats-

Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Bump to get feedback :D
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Kernowboy

Post by Kernowboy »

Pederb wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:45 am Have anyone heard the Beats Sound System yet?
I have not and forgive me if I miss the reason for your post but….
I was not aware of the lack of rear speakers before purchase but my kids are making me very aware now. If for no other reason than that I would definitely specify the Beats system if I was placing a factory order, although I find it really poor that a car costing the kind of money that these do doesn’t come with rear speakers as standard. It’s not about improving quality for me, just the basic ability to balance the sound across all the seats; I will be seeking an after market solution which really shouldn’t be required.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Kernowboy wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:26 am
Pederb wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:45 am Have anyone heard the Beats Sound System yet?
I have not and forgive me if I miss the reason for your post but….
I was not aware of the lack of rear speakers before purchase but my kids are making me very aware now. If for no other reason than that I would definitely specify the Beats system if I was placing a factory order, although I find it really poor that a car costing the kind of money that these do doesn’t come with rear speakers as standard. It’s not about improving quality for me, just the basic ability to balance the sound across all the seats; I will be seeking an after market solution which really shouldn’t be required.
Gosh. I didn't notice the lack of rear speakers? VW Group's attempt to save a few pennies! Unbelievable at this price.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Here's a long thread about adding upgrading and/or adding rear speakers to the ID.4:

https://www.vwidtalk.com/threads/upgrad ... stem.1655/

This is what most people are using:
https://www.focal-inside.com/volkswagen ... pact-2020/

ID.3 owners who installed coaxial speakers (with tweeters) got bleeding ears because the original rear speakers don't weren't coaxial but instead had a massively boosted high frequency EQ to compensate - which when driving coaxial speakers is a disaster.

However, the Beats variant for the Born has rear tweeters, so maybe the rear high EQ isn't jacked up like that?

Be aware that you need a custom wiring harness and an OBD code to enable them. This package comes with a coding dongle:

https://www.kufatec.com/en/seat/born/bo ... -k11-47402

HOWEVER - one person on the German Born forum who installed this package has been having problems with the codes provided by Kufatec and his EQ is messed up. I'll report back here if this issue is ever solved.